Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-05-2015, 07:39 PM   #351
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
I guess that's one of the things about making movies where time travel is a central theme. You can mess about and change whatever you want and then justify it as an alternate past / future / whatever. But just because you can, doesn't mean you should

Me personally, I'd rate them as:

1. Terminator
2. Terminator 2
3. Terminator 3
4. Terminator Genysis
5. Terminator Salvation
Same here!
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:52 PM   #352
victory
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Saw Terminator Genisys with the family today and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Went in open minded and were entertained.

8/10
victory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:37 PM   #353
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory View Post
Saw Terminator Genisys with the family today and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Went in open minded and were entertained.

8/10
Saw it Friday with my family and gave it the same rating. Fun movie.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:05 PM   #354
Mqhuynh
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Saw this movie last night and liked it better than I thought I would.
Also staying away from the trailers helped a bit.
Mqhuynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:38 PM   #355
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
I guess that's one of the things about making movies where time travel is a central theme. You can mess about and change whatever you want and then justify it as an alternate past / future / whatever. But just because you can, doesn't mean you should

1. Terminator
2. Terminator 2
3. Terminator 3
4. Terminator Genysis
5. Terminator Salvation
Does that go for the Star Trek and X-Men reboots too?
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:33 AM   #356
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Does that go for the Star Trek and X-Men reboots too?
There's a big difference there though. They were good movies
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:08 AM   #357
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:

1. Terminator
2. Terminator 2
3. Terminator 3
4. Terminator Genysis
5. Terminator Salvation

Genysis will probably grow on me once the intial disappointment has faded.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:59 AM   #358
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I saw it the other day and I enjoyed it. Did it have issues YES but most movies do. I was one of the few that liked Terminator:Salvation. I was hoping for more films set in the post judgment day future that Skynet created. Alas I was in the minority and as is the hollywood way go back to the original formula and time travel to create a alternate timeline. (ala Star Trek). I thought the story was OK I was never lost and got what they were trying to accomplish. I had 2 issues.The big one is the casting. I did not enjoy Jason Clarke as John Connor/T-3000 he always looks like he is the bad guy even when he is not. They had Christian Bale under contract for two more films they should have used it. I also had a problem with Jai Courtney & Emilia Clarke's lack of chemistry. I didn't have a problem with either's performance just them together. One or the other should have been recast.
The second was Arnie's "Upgrade" Being thrown into the liquid should not have simply changed him into a T-1000. It was cheesy but that way we can get Arnie back for another installment.
I did very much like the homage to the 1984 movie, thankfully it was a short-lived plot device but it was well executed. From Reese's shoes and how he grabbed the overcoat. Nice touch. Also "Pops" fighting his younger self. Great CGI there very impressive. Overall I was entertained which is why I go to the movies. So while it was not perfect I still give it a solid 7/10. It's still better than most of the crap Hollywood puts out. Also MAGGIE comes out on blu-ray this week if you haven't seen it I recommend it. Arnold gives a great performance here in this low budget thriller.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:41 AM   #359
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
What confused me (and there was quite a bit that did ), was that when Connor first appears back in time (and helps Kyle and Sarah escape), he has ample opportunity to kill them both before it's revealed who / what he is. But after Pop's blasts him and we see who he is (which we already new from the trailers), he starts rambling on about being a family. Which made me think he had evolved into some new form of life beyond Skynet. But then he proceeds to try to kill them anyway ?

And yeah. The Genysis app thing seemed like an after thought. As though someone said . . . . "Hey, let's put a current spin on it and rename Skynet as an app called Genysis" Which in and of itself is not a terrible idea (I mean everyone owns a smartphone with X number of apps), but they did nothing with the concept at all. Just too messy for me

I think Conner was trying to keep an eye on them at first as opposed to just outright killing them. Maybe a residual human part of him still had feelings for Sarah and Reese and didn't want to off both of them from the get go if he didn't have to.

Quote:

1. Terminator
2. Terminator 2
3. Terminator 3
4. Terminator Genysis
5. Terminator Salvation
My ranking would be the same except I would swap TG and T3.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:36 PM   #360
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Saw the movie over the 4th of July weekend and was somewhat entertained. It was better than the later sequels but the acting from Emilia and Jai's performances and chemistry was completely flat. Nothing about the story line seemed to evolve or build upon the first films.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote