Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-24-2015, 12:34 PM   #11
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I think DC could certainly use this to get into their cosmic universe much like GotG, and maybe take either a "western frontier" or "war movie" approach to it. No giant floating balloon heads. I do like the idea of the ring Wars, but not sure that would translate well because it's just one side with green constructs and another side with yellow constructs, but they could certainly build up to it. I think it will need something more grounded. I like the idea of Hal (earth-based) and John (Oa-based). Not that big of a fan of Gardner, but could certainly see him fitting into the Corps as a wildcard, and even Kyle as the young "recruit" showing up in the sequel. I read that Chris Pine is the frontrunner for JL Hal. Already a 1000% improvement. I like RR fine, but he was terribly miscast in GL. Still given the poor performance of the first movie, I can't see this happening unless they really pull off the character in the Justice League.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 04:27 AM   #12
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

From Steve Trevor to Hal Jordan. Chris Pine now linked with GL
http://screenrant.com/chris-pine-hal...antern-reboot/
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:18 AM   #13
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderZx2 View Post
After the first movie, this one is going to be a really hard sell.
I'm in the minority but I enjoyed it.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:20 PM   #14
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Tyrese Is Really Hinting He’ll Be John Stewart In GREEN LANTERN | Birth.Movies.Death.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 01:29 PM   #15
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Now I’m Hearing Chris Pine For GREEN LANTERN Too | Birth.Movies.Death.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:05 PM   #16
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I'm in the minority but I enjoyed it.
I liked the first one too. It wasn't perfect and I'm not sure Reynolds was the best choice for the role but I thought there were a lot of redeeming qualities in the movie. Number one being Mark Strong's performance.

All that said I will happily pay to see another one.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 12:42 AM   #17
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I liked the first one too. It wasn't perfect and I'm not sure Reynolds was the best choice for the role but I thought there were a lot of redeeming qualities in the movie. Number one being Mark Strong's performance.

All that said I will happily pay to see another one.
I liked it as well. Ironically I think that all the fan service killed the film. Cramming in Parallax, Hammond, OA and training there, Sinestro, 'fear' and Carol ultimately hurt the film. They needed to strip a few of those pieces away, make a strong film around perhaps half those pieces from the comics, and then come back for more on a solid base. It is akin to the first Iron Man avoiding the temptation of showcasing the Mandarin or even War Machine.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:00 AM   #18
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I liked it as well. Ironically I think that all the fan service killed the film. Cramming in Parallax, Hammond, OA and training there, Sinestro, 'fear' and Carol ultimately hurt the film. They needed to strip a few of those pieces away, make a strong film around perhaps half those pieces from the comics, and then come back for more on a solid base. It is akin to the first Iron Man avoiding the temptation of showcasing the Mandarin or even War Machine.
Agreed. Too much crammed into the maiden voyage. They should've kept it about Hal and Sinestro working some interstellar case while Hal is trained and groomed. Their relationship growing from resentment to mutual respect. Fleshed out some key Corps members and guardians. With the "solid base" set, they could've cut loose on the sequels.

In other words they should've just lifted Geoff Johns' Secret Origins:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140...martinralya-20
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:53 PM   #19
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Agreed. Too much crammed into the maiden voyage. They should've kept it about Hal and Sinestro working some interstellar case while Hal is trained and groomed. Their relationship growing from resentment to mutual respect. Fleshed out some key Corps members and guardians. With the "solid base" set, they could've cut loose on the sequels.

In other words they should've just lifted Geoff Johns' Secret Origins:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/140...martinralya-20

Totally agree. Mark Strong's Sinestro was by far the best part of this show.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:54 AM   #20
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I agree. IMO, they should have left in the relationship with Hal and Carol obviously, but left out Hammond and Parallax. They should have had a generic alien villain of some sort that required the corps, and the way he's taken down and punished is what jades Sinestro leading to the sequel of a bad Sinestro.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote