Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 01-31-2013, 10:21 PM   #2011
Whirl Wind Boy
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

Jerry, ever thought about drawing or having one of your artist draw some fine art prints to go with your statues or even sold individually? I always thought some nice artwork being displayed behind a statue looked good and their isn't much artwork on the market for Mortal Kombat. I'm sure Street Fighter fans would love to get some as well.
Whirl Wind Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #2012
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirl Wind Boy View Post
Jerry, ever thought about drawing or having one of your artist draw some fine art prints to go with your statues or even sold individually? I always thought some nice artwork being displayed behind a statue looked good and their isn't much artwork on the market for Mortal Kombat. I'm sure Street Fighter fans would love to get some as well.
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:51 AM   #2013
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hi, Jerry.Some more questions for you, which are=
A.How long into feburary can you say it might be before we get to see the next MK9 reveal?[i'm going to put my money on it being either an MK9 Scorpion bust or Goro, but we'll have to wait and see....]
B.Is the deal with Ikon collectables going to officially happen, or not?
C.And finally, was the email lottery for the MK9 1/4 Shao Kahn statue the LAST email lottery you will have for any other MK statues?[including MK9 Sub Zero, as i just CAN'T miss out on him].Thanks!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #2014
darkdealx
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Sorry if asked for the billionth time.

Are you able to disclose a concrete date as to when the unveiling of the Gouken Vs. Akuma Dio will be shown on the newsletter please?
darkdealx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:08 AM   #2015
Joppula
Marshal Law

Jerry, any truth to the rumors about a Street Fighter Cody piece in the works?

Side note:

I received my custom Chun Li from you, and I'd just like to say thank you so much! You've made me so extremely happy.

Thanks for giving us amazing pieces of art and top quality customer service.

You've raised the bar.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:38 AM   #2016
Deadking92
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hi Jerry,

You had mentioned before that the website should hopefully be ready by 15th of Feb, but you still needed a week for testing it. As another member suggested you can put a dummy product up there and ask us to order it, to test if it doesn't crash.

And if you dont think that people might join in you could possibly offer them like a $5-$10 off the next purchase if they take part, so that can just be credited to any account that they make or register?
Deadking92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:55 AM   #2017
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadking92 View Post
Hi Jerry,

You had mentioned before that the website should hopefully be ready by 15th of Feb, but you still needed a week for testing it. As another member suggested you can put a dummy product up there and ask us to order it, to test if it doesn't crash.

And if you dont think that people might join in you could possibly offer them like a $5-$10 off the next purchase if they take part, so that can just be credited to any account that they make or register?
Wow these are good ideas. I like to test the site too just so that nothing goes wrong on order day. Not sure if it's possible to know for sure but it's a thought . I would hate to request a day off to buy a item and the site crashes.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #2018
premium_substit
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Jerry, got a fun one for you

Basically, I want something in my collection to represent Toxic Avenger and I can't foresee much being released in the future . I came across this CFX silicone mask (officially licensed through Troma) which looks pretty great.

http://www.compositeeffects.com/page...roduct=SMTOX01

Video of it in person:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui8zIP_NHWE

(and some other dude http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZIPKVjOkoc)

I will probably put it on a mannequin bust of some sort (to add to my MK/SF 1:1 collection ), but it is pretty cool that you can wear it

What's ur oppinion of it? Half decent for something 'ready to go'?

I know ure a busy man bringing us stuff we want, but if you could take a quick look at the 'customisation lab' for me it would be greatly appreciated:

http://www.compositeeffects.com/maskmaker.php?mask=TOX

Which skin colour and eye colour do you think is closest? Also I know you could 'go to town' touching this up on a person, but what are 1 or 2 small details you would ask them to add (i.e. is there anywhere you think a strand of punched hair should go)?

Sorry Jerry but as I was looking at it I figured what better opportunity and who better to ask than the man himself who worked on the Toxie movie, and if I'm going to order one I would love a any sort of input
premium_substit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #2019
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Hello jerry. So when will the ultimate Ryu start again? Was really looking forward to that and I know you scrapped the original design. Any chance we could see pics of what would have been pleeeeeease!?
Old 02-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #2020
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Hi Jerry,

In the recent email lottery, are we numbered to the edition # we will be getting, in the order that the emails came in?

Also, when will you announce or notify the winner of the Shao Kahn AP facebook contest?

Lastly, would you ever consider doing a premium membership club to allow paying members exclusive pre sales on a limited amount of product and/or a percentage discount; Possibly have insurance for paying members whose statues broke on accident, etc?

I know Gentle Giant has something like this. It would be cool that you had one, since you have a large following just purchasing only specific lines from you, one after another. And it would ease the burden a little bit from our wallets.
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote