Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-16-2018, 10:54 PM   #2671
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Stay away from the AoA Mags. The proportions on that is just horrible and the potraits are ugly
not to mention there's a HUGE seam down the middle of his upper body.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:17 PM   #2672
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Had to bring this up. Don't you think it's time you changed your strategy Sideshow???

Prime 1 Hush Superman debuts with fabric cape. Fans want to see a sculpted cape. P1 hits back with two versions. Take your pick fabric cape or sculpted cape. 3 interchangeable heads as well.

Meanwhile Sideshow slaps maquette label on Magneto and charges $799. "It's a maquette because it's so complicated...the base is made of a gazillion parts."
Oh but giving him a sculpted cape is way too complicated

Nope wasn't too complicated for Prime 1. They figured it out in less than a month.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:27 PM   #2673
Thundercats-NO
Shadowhawk

That thing looks hideous

Just makes your argument sound less credible
Thundercats-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:28 PM   #2674
Y3E
Gen 13

The head is still too small.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:36 PM   #2675
GaryTonge
Kingpin

I much prefer the Iron Studios Supes. The base on the P1 looks really gaudy.

I do like the option of choosing fabric or sculpted cape although I think the best strategy would have been to include the fabric cape with all of them.
GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:40 PM   #2676
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I much prefer the Iron Studios Supes. The base on the P1 looks really gaudy.

I do like the option of choosing fabric or sculpted cape although I think the best strategy would have been to include the fabric cape with all of them.
IS version is nicer all around IMO. The only thing I don't like about IS version are the lines in shirt.

I get what darren is saying though. P1 listened to the collectors and made changes in short time too.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 12:53 PM   #2677
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Had to bring this up. Don't you think it's time you changed your strategy Sideshow???

Prime 1 Hush Superman debuts with fabric cape. Fans want to see a sculpted cape. P1 hits back with two versions. Take your pick fabric cape or sculpted cape. 3 interchangeable heads as well.

Meanwhile Sideshow slaps maquette label on Magneto and charges $799. "It's a maquette because it's so complicated...the base is made of a gazillion parts."

Nope wasn't too complicated for Prime 1. They figured it out in less than a month.
Good points. P1 also adjusted the head which was too small previously. It's great practice and I wish SS would adopt more often. Sadly, with my biggest disappointments recently (Deathstroke, Lion-O) I think the changes would've been too extensive though. More to do with the overall design.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:12 PM   #2678
floreairfoot
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercats-NO View Post
That thing looks hideous

Just makes your argument sound less credible
Even if you don't like the design, it doesn't make his points any less credible...

It's a fact that Prime 1 is offering two versions of the same statue, and it's a much large piece than Magneto.
floreairfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:26 PM   #2679
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post

LOL, funny you mention this. I just said exactly the same thing to my friends in chat the other day.

Oh, and they had a pre-set ES and the statue sold out in, what, less than 2 hours? Magneto will be available for the next year to come.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 02:39 PM   #2680
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

That Prime 1 Supes is the best officially licensed Superman I've seen. 42 inches of pure awesome for $999 while the Magneto Maquette is $750? Sideshow has a lot of hits but sadly, this Magneto is not quite up to their other pieces like the new Wolverine and Captain America PFs.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote