Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-13-2022, 04:45 AM   #31
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
It was very good, I enjoyed seeing Namor get his shine. Of course I'm rooting hard for a MCU founding Defenders lineup with Hulk, Namor, Strange, SS and Valkyrie but hard to see how they could pull that off at this point.
Yeah, the MCU used to mix a lot of things from the 616 and Ultimate comics but they’ve really become their own thing at this point. Black Widow, Black Panther, Iron Man, Aunt May, Ronan, Quicksilver, etc all dead, Steve Cap at least too old to be a super hero if not already dead, a 5 year gap for half the characters, gender and race bent characters, heroes and villains being the opposite from the comics, no Mutant involvement until recently, different interpersonal relationships, etc.

Ever increasingly we have to treat the MCU as its own separate thing with inspiration from the comics. I just hope the comics continue to take note and decrease the synergy from making changes to the comics based on the movies which aside from making Falcon go back to being Cap again, and gender bending the Eternals to match the movie, they seem to have mostly let go. Otherwise we’d have a dead Iron Man, Black Panther and Black Widow and a psychotic Scarlet Witch right now.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 02:09 PM   #32
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Movie is mid.

- it feels like they could?ve not did this movie and nothing would change. This movie added nothing to the MCU except Namor who could?ve been introduced in an infinite amount of ways. This movie really wasn?t necessary. Since Wakanda served its story purpose in the Infinity Saga they really could?ve gotten away with just not dealing with Wakanda again. But there was money to be made.
I get what your saying but would call it a positive and not a negative. I dont want every marvel movie to be completely tied to everything else. Tell me a good story based in the marvel universe that doesnt require watching 20+ other movies and shows
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2022, 06:50 PM   #33
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
I get what your saying but would call it a positive and not a negative. I dont want every marvel movie to be completely tied to everything else. Tell me a good story based in the marvel universe that doesnt require watching 20+ other movies and shows
Yeah, I loved all of Namor in this movie and maybe a solo film would have been too much (another clome supervillain?). I hope we see Namor as a major part of another movie and they leave Wakanda storylines alone for a while. It wasn't too formulaic and I think that's a good thing.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 02:07 AM   #34
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I really got teary eyed at the begining of the Film with Chadwick Boseman tribute... Namor was amazing. A really relatable villain with a just cause, but he had a very questinable plan to achive his cause. I liked Shuri and Riri, they were a very good duo. I totaly disagree with everyone who said Riri was shouhorned in the Film. Quite the Opposite, She was very crucial for the Plot.The Invasion of Wakanda and final battle was some very good action. Namor said He was a Mutant so another step towards the X-Men Film. (:

There is only 1 midcredit scene everyone, there is no scene at the End of the Credits.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 04:08 PM   #35
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I?m pretty torn as I love the first one and have nothing but respect for what Boseman did with the character but I don?t agree with killing T'Challa. I?m hoping at the very least they leave it somewhat open.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Totally agree.

Very sad what happened to Boseman, but Marvel should have re-casted T'Challa.
SPOILER - dont read if you havent seen it!!!!

I think the timing made it difficult. I also wanted him recast, but after seeing the movie, I'm satisfied with where things are headed.

Reminds me of how Nolan had to rewrite Dark Knight Rises after Heath died. No way was he going to attempt to re-cast someone to do the Joker.

I think some things are larger than the movie. The character will live on, and they paid their respects. Well done all the way around.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 04:11 PM   #36
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Yeah, the MCU used to mix a lot of things from the 616 and Ultimate comics but they?ve really become their own thing at this point. Black Widow, Black Panther, Iron Man, Aunt May, Ronan, Quicksilver, etc all dead, Steve Cap at least too old to be a super hero if not already dead, a 5 year gap for half the characters, gender and race bent characters, heroes and villains being the opposite from the comics, no Mutant involvement until recently, different interpersonal relationships, etc.

Ever increasingly we have to treat the MCU as its own separate thing with inspiration from the comics. I just hope the comics continue to take note and decrease the synergy from making changes to the comics based on the movies which aside from making Falcon go back to being Cap again, and gender bending the Eternals to match the movie, they seem to have mostly let go. Otherwise we?d have a dead Iron Man, Black Panther and Black Widow and a psychotic Scarlet Witch right now.
Good post Peedi.

Wait dont we already have a psycho Wanda?? The comics wrote the book (pardon the pun) on crazy Wanda.
Old 11-23-2022, 04:13 PM   #37
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Oh wow ...Marvel did good. They totally honored Chadwick Boseman in this movie. And the way they moved forward without Boseman was endearing ...and one I didn't see coming. I wish I could say more, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

This movie was a tear-jerker for sure. It is a great movie. My wife and I loved it.

Screw it ...I'm giving it a ... 9.5/10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
My wife and I agree!
I loved it too! Wont go as high as 9.5, but loved it just the same.
Old 11-24-2022, 08:19 AM   #38
riteguytu
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Just watched this and I must say, it was OUTSTANDING!!
Stellar performances from all! Loved all the nods to the comics especially the Ta-Nehisi Coates run!!
Kudos to Letitia Wright for the gravitas she brought to her role. Absolutely loved it!
riteguytu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 08:05 PM   #39
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Those were completely different universes. Who's to say that they even played the same character? It's a false equivalency and you know that.
They both played Joker and for me I preferred PF performance of that character. And I strongly believe marvel have made a mistake not recasting the character and the sequel proved that for me. Not in the same league as the first.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 09:55 PM   #40
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
They both played Joker and for me I preferred PF performance of that character. And I strongly believe marvel have made a mistake not recasting the character and the sequel proved that for me. Not in the same league as the first.

DC's movies were not a shared universe so comparing the two franchises in that way is incorrect. The Joker didn't appear in the sequel to The Dark Knight (he was supposed to) for the same reason T'Challa was not in Wakanda Forever. Both DC and Marvel made the correct decisions here.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote