Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-20-2019, 02:34 PM   #1771
ukshaun
Hercules

There's a collector named Mr X. (he runs a channel called Xtreme). He received a full refund from Sideshow, as he came home one day to find his Batman Hush on the floor broken. It started to lean, then hit the floor. I can't remember if the cape had anything to do with it?

I don't collect the Hush line, although i would like to see how Catwoman turns out. Assuming Prime 1 continue the line with Catwoman. History has shown, Prime 1 can abandon support for a line at any given time.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:34 PM   #1772
ukshaun
Hercules

There's a collector named Mr X. (he runs a channel called Xtreme). He received a full refund from Sideshow, as he came home one day to find his Batman Hush on the floor broken. It started to lean, then hit the floor. I can't remember if the cape had anything to do with it?

I don't collect the Hush line, although i would like to see how Catwoman turns out. Assuming Prime 1 continue the line with Catwoman. History has shown, Prime 1 can abandon support for a line at any given time.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:59 PM   #1773
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Hindsight is always 20/20, but if I had the ear of P1 I would recommend a key insert from the inner part of the cape to the side of the base. Rule #1 of stability is three points of contact at all times...at least in OSHA class .
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:06 PM   #1774
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

If mine ever breaks, I guess at the very least that would be an easy "out" of the hobby for me because I can assure you if that ever happened to one of my statues, I'd never buy another.

As for the black it looks nice, but I definitely prefer the blue. The paint on the black looks a bit shiny in those pictures but as usual you can't entirely trust them.

I also find it funny that it took a variant version close to 2 years later for them to FINALLY have pictures of what the production version actually looks like.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:06 PM   #1775
mva5580

If mine ever breaks, I guess at the very least that would be an easy "out" of the hobby for me because I can assure you if that ever happened to one of my statues, I'd never buy another.

As for the black it looks nice, but I definitely prefer the blue. The paint on the black looks a bit shiny in those pictures but as usual you can't entirely trust them.

I also find it funny that it took a variant version close to 2 years later for them to FINALLY have pictures of what the production version actually looks like. It's mind boggling to me that the blue version is still the initial prototype.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:02 PM   #1776
stryker12
Fantastic Four

So I actually really like this piece and I would totally pay $200-$300 for someone to design and manufacture a custom base that will hold this guy in place. I'm completely serious - I don't want mine to take a tumble. I'd be devastated.
stryker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:09 PM   #1777
mva5580

I've done 2 things with mine:

- I elevated his left leg a bit by putting a small piece of wood under it. It's pretty much as "straight" as it can be now.

- I noticed when I very first put it together that the rubber pads on the bottom of the base at the rear were not touching the ground. That was actually a bigger concern to me than the statue itself. So at the very front/center I've got a small cloth underneath that raises it up very slightly in the front, enough to where that pad in the back is on the ground now.

Whether those things end up meaning nothing ever happens, who knows. But considering what I've seen (with both pics here and my own statue) they definitely help.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:09 PM   #1778
mva5580

I've done 2 things with mine:

- I elevated his left leg a bit by putting a small piece of wood under it. It's pretty much as "straight" as it can be now.

- I noticed when I very first put it together that the rubber pads on the bottom of the base at the rear were not touching the ground. That was actually a bigger concern to me than the statue itself. So at the very front/center I've got a small cloth underneath that raises it up very slightly in the front, enough to where that pad in the back is on the ground now.

Whether those things end up meaning nothing ever happens, who knows. But considering what I've seen (with both pics here and my own statue) they definitely help.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:28 PM   #1779
SONICobra
Batman

pretty nuts you have to take these measures on a $1000 statue but thats the breaks i guess. i think when i get mine back out to display im going to see if i can fashion some kind of support for the back of the cape - just dont feel like taking any risks. pvc cape would have been the way to go
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:42 PM   #1780
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post

P1 should have made the cape vinyl. It would solve a lot of problems and would capture the same details, if not more.
Yeah I agree something needs to be changed for these huge sculpted capes...I just wonder if anyone's statue will remain standing straight over time? It looks to be poorly balanced
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote