Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-01-2018, 04:36 PM   #491
rykerw1701
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
$149.99

Daily deal on entertainment earth, today only (Mon Oct 1 2018)

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...duct-dailydeal
Just saw this posted on EE's Facebook page. I couldn't stand it anymore and pulled the trigger. She still looks a bit like Supergirl on Joker gas to me, but I'm going roll the dice and add her to the collection.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:41 PM   #492
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
$149.99

Daily deal on entertainment earth, today only (Mon Oct 1 2018)

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...duct-dailydeal
Thanks Mr. J...
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:13 PM   #493
built2shred
Phoenix

That's pretty brutal that you an buy her for $100 less then retail just a few months after release.... Whoever sculpted her failed big time... unless that was the art direction Chad insisted on then in that case Chad failed
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:28 PM   #494
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
That's pretty brutal that you an buy her for $100 less then retail just a few months after release.... Whoever sculpted her failed big time... unless that was the art direction Chad insisted on then in that case Chad failed
I wouldn't go that far. I'd argue that the current DC Cover Girls by Joelle Jones are some of the most fantastic 1/6 pieces I've seen and at $125 a great deal and yet every one has been on sale for as low as $60-70 within months. Some pieces don't resonate with the mass market or particular retailers decide to move inventory.

I had issues with the costume choice on Supergirl, but I respect why they did it. I'll also add I don't mind if future pieces can be found for less than what I pay pre ordering them. You never know how the market will go and I really do want to support Tweeterhead and this line.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:33 PM   #495
built2shred
Phoenix

My issue is mostly with her face, the smile to be exact... the costume doesn't bother me that much... The pose is ok but yeah the smile just ruins it... I still have mine but I've been debating on weather or not to sell her... if I do I'll take a big hit with new ones going for $150.. I have Donna Troy on pre-order with BBTS.com but now I'm thinking I probably should wait on buying her because I have a feeling her price will drop also...
Old 10-01-2018, 10:41 PM   #496
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
My issue is mostly with her face, the smile to be exact... the costume doesn't bother me that much... The pose is ok but yeah the smile just ruins it... I still have mine but I've been debating on weather or not to sell her... if I do I'll take a big hit with new ones going for $150.. I have Donna Troy on pre-order with BBTS.com but now I'm thinking I probably should wait on buying her because I have a feeling her price will drop also...
It's only a one-day sale...sky hasn't fallen yet.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:43 PM   #497
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
That can sometimes be a sign of things to come.. I know their classic batman series dropped 50%-60% of their value pretty quck… that was brutal and a sign to carefully pick and choose what you buy from Tweeterhead for retail.. I think their EX versions of Joker, WW and Batman will do well but others its sometimes pays to be patient...
Old 10-01-2018, 11:24 PM   #498
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Quote:
That can sometimes be a sign of things to come.. I know their classic batman series dropped 50%-60% of their value pretty quck… that was brutal and a sign to carefully pick and choose what you buy from Tweeterhead for retail.. I think their EX versions of Joker, WW and Batman will do well but others its sometimes pays to be patient...
Also, take note that it’s $100 less for the REGULAR version. A quick search on eBay of recently completed items lists 5 EX versions — the cheapest sold for $272, the most expensive for $340, one sold for $307 and other 2 sold for $300 apiece.

I am however rethinking whether I should wait or buy those without EX pieces. Don’t really care much for art proofs or other non-statue extras, like say with Donna Troy, Catwoman and Robin. With those am sorta regretting ordering direct from Tweeterhead. I just snagged me the original Lynda Carter statue for $192. Though it was the “regular” version, the “EX” version came only with a foil certificate and numbered statue, hardly an exclusive really.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:35 AM   #499
Gothamite
Phoenix

Plus I actually like TH's Streaky. Prime 1's looks like...Freaky.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 02:49 AM   #500
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Okay, that price drop stung a might, especially since I paid about $26 under MSRP and thought I was doing pretty good at the time. Almost bought a second just to display as bookends, but came to my senses rather quickly. I really like my 70s-80s Supergirl with her Chiclet teeth!! Besides, I don't see anyone grousing about THIS guy!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	jokerteeth.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	117708

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chiclets.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	117709
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote