Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 08-20-2021, 07:55 AM   #391
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Thanks for the honest, unbiased, review. Us collectors get pretty protective of our purchases, so it's "rare" to read such a critical review from someone with skin in the game.

Knowing, what you know now, if you could go back, would you order this again?

Personally, from your review - I'm really thinking, at 1/3 scale and up, if you want "hyper realism" you need to go silicone. I'm not convinced polystone works for hyper realism.

I know I said it before, but I'm almost convince Catwoman on Batpod is gonna be a wash. Which means JND or the Infinity Bust is going to be the "go to" collectors piece.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 11:14 AM   #392
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Thanks for the honest, unbiased, review. Us collectors get pretty protective of our purchases, so it's "rare" to read such a critical review from someone with skin in the game.

Personally, from your review - I'm really thinking, at 1/3 scale and up, if you want "hyper realism" you need to go silicone. I'm not convinced polystone works for hyper realism.

I know I said it before, but I'm almost convince Catwoman on Batpod is gonna be a wash. Which means JND or the Infinity Bust is going to be the "go to" collectors piece.
Sure, if you want to pay 2-3x more, it should be better. Curious to see how the JND piece looks and if the difference is worth it.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 11:18 AM   #393
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post

Honestly I’m not sure. If I hadn’t gotten the corresponding Joker, I probably wouldn’t have ordered this Batman in the first place. I like the Joker piece, but even that one isn’t the best either. However I’ve always liked diorama type pieces.

And I’m thinking the headsculpt isn’t Polystone anyway. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a PVC sculpt, which is what I personally think most of Queen’s 1/3 and 1/4 headsculpts are made out of. The Bale head sculpt is extremely lightweight. Taking likeness out of it, Polystone headsculpts rarely look as ’life like’ as these do. Outside of silicone, the better sculpts have usually been made out of either a translucent resin or PVC mixture.

And I’ve always been one to critique any and all pieces. I don’t care who the manufacturer is. And even JND’s pieces haven’t really been to my liking either. As most know I’m not really happy with the gold they used on their Wonder Woman piece, and I found their Selina Kyle to look somewhat gaunt and pale.

I have a tendency of going from one manufacturer to the next. I started with Sideshow, then I moved over to Prime 1 and Iron Studios. And now the bulk of my preorders are with Queen Studios. But if I’m being honest nearly every Queen piece I’ve gotten has had some sort of QC issue.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 04:50 PM   #394
Silas Loki
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Sure, if you want to pay 2-3x more, it should be better. Curious to see how the JND piece looks and if the difference is worth it.
The Selina Kyle piece is costing a cool $4K - if a few dollars more would guarantee the piece comes out 100% - honestly, who wouldn't pay up.

Queen Studios has priced the Catwoman piece at a "do or die" price point. It's too expensive to not be hyper critical.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:18 AM   #395
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
And I’m thinking the headsculpt isn’t Polystone anyway. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a PVC sculpt, which is what I personally think most of Queen’s 1/3 and 1/4 headsculpts are made out of. The Bale head sculpt is extremely lightweight. Taking likeness out of it, Polystone headsculpts rarely look as ’life like’ as these do. Outside of silicone, the better sculpts have usually been made out of either a translucent resin or PVC mixture.
Not PVC, according to them. Today on their Facebook:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Studios Collectibles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathieu Scotti
Queen Studios Collectibles is the Bale head made of resin or pvc? Thanks!
@Mathieu Scotti resin

Pics by Thai collector Smith Viriyakul:

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 04:28 PM   #396
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

A new video of Queen Studios Batman:

https://youtu.be/3aGSjslfr3c
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 04:35 PM   #397
ukshaun
Hercules

I am not sure what to think of the side of the forehead area where sculpted hair meets real hair.
100% real hair or 100% sculpted hair might be the way to go. Mixing the two types looks iffy.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 09:58 PM   #398
Ljaat
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Mine has finally shipped!!! Get it in a week!
Ljaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 10:05 PM   #399
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljaat View Post
Mine has finally shipped!!! Get it in a week!
Where’d you order it from?
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 10:43 PM   #400
Ljaat
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
Where’d you order it from?
Spec Fiction
Ljaat is offline   Reply With Quote