Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 07-30-2021, 08:06 PM   #51
N7rebel
Frackin!

Congrats! It's a great pairing and one I'm considering myself. I PO'd the Weta Superman, and now I'm trying to decided on the QS Darkseid piece. I love the easter egg in both statues. Poor Stephy, just can't compete with the gods.
N7rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 11:52 PM   #52
N7rebel
Frackin!

Okay, that wasn't long. I decided to preorder the QS Darkseid piece to go with my Weta Superman. I also have the QS Wonder Woman piece on PO, so the setup is going to look pretty epic when they all arrive.
Old 07-31-2021, 12:42 AM   #53
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
That's a really good display idea. Weta's Darkseid looks intense but this new one from Queen Studios looks more organic if you pair it with the Weta Superman.

Stephenwolf just met his end and now you have the strongest champions from Earth and Apokolips staring each other down.

Damn man, now you got me thinking if I should do the same. (If Weta as going to make a regular Batfleck I was going to pair it with Superman to make a World's Finest but these two look amazing together) Tempted!
Thank you!! I always love my pieces to have a story of its own. And I love both of these sculpts and paint by Weta and Queen Studios. I think both companies nailed it regardless their differences on accuracy. Well, good news is that Weta IS doing a Knightmare Batfleck, not the regular one though sadly.. I would prefer a regular Batfleck in his cape and not the brown coat he's wearing in the Knightmare scene. Hopefully QS would do one Batfleck in future, so I can pair him up with these.
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 12:44 AM   #54
austintheng

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7rebel View Post
Okay, that wasn't long. I decided to preorder the QS Darkseid piece to go with my Weta Superman. I also have the QS Wonder Woman piece on PO, so the setup is going to look pretty epic when they all arrive.
Congrats on that PO!! You made a good choice as I did.. Oh, I also have QS Wonder Woman on PO as well. We have similar taste!! Haha, all I need now is Batfleck to complete the trinity + Darkseid from this ZSJL line. <3
Old 07-31-2021, 07:26 PM   #55
N7rebel
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintheng View Post
Congrats on that PO!! You made a good choice as I did.. Oh, I also have QS Wonder Woman on PO as well. We have similar taste!! Haha, all I need now is Batfleck to complete the trinity + Darkseid from this ZSJL line. <3
You have impeccable taste. I think these statues are going to look great together. Now I just have to figure out where to put them. It would be cool if QS released a JL Batman that fit with these one. I'd definitely consider it. I wonder which PO will be released first. I'm not familiar with the accuracy of either companies's release schedule. It seems like so many release dates are inevitably pushed back.
Old 08-17-2021, 11:35 PM   #56
austintheng

Anyone knows how accurate is Weta's shipping schedule?
Old 10-01-2021, 11:52 AM   #57
austintheng

The Weta Workshop 1/4 Superman Black Suit (Henry Cavill) statue is in LOW STOCK now!!! Get it now before it's SOLD OUT!!

For those still on the fence, you can check out the prototype reveal video in this link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsjRt_UnAC8

Purchase link: https://www.wetanz.com/shop/figures/superman-black-suit...

Old 10-01-2021, 05:53 PM   #58
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

I check everyday, I didn't expect that, I thought 1000 was high for a black suit Superman.

Love it!

Feeling good about this line continuing!
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 07:55 PM   #59
fiveainone
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintheng View Post
The Weta Workshop 1/4 Superman Black Suit (Henry Cavill) statue is in LOW STOCK now!!! Get it now before it's SOLD OUT!!

For those still on the fence, you can check out the prototype reveal video in this link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsjRt_UnAC8

Purchase link: https://www.wetanz.com/shop/figures/superman-black-suit...
Arg, I do want it because it's be Weta that has the digital files from the movies, but it's just too big. Was also hoping Queens would reveal theirs before this became low stock..
fiveainone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 06:20 AM   #60
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveainone View Post
Arg, I do want it because it's be Weta that has the digital files from the movies, but it's just too big. Was also hoping Queens would reveal theirs before this became low stock..
If you think this is too big, I'm guessing you're not getting Weta's Darkseid, I can't believe the size of the footprint for a 1/4th. Rearranged a huge part of my collection to fit nicely.

I'm hoping Queen Studios is a Blue Suit Superman, so I can justify getting both,
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote