Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 09-14-2021, 05:41 PM   #31
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
Do you mean a second version of Orko? I´m asking because there already is one done by Tweeterhead for this line.
i didn't know that one was theirs, kinda cool but i wouldn't be against a newer one a bit closer to the classic look.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 12:34 AM   #32
Acolyte
Birdman

It´s a double edged sword, in my opinion. People who are into this line since day one and already own all the mains (like myself) couldn´t care less for a revisit of He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra and Co., at least not within the next few years. They would rather like to see new character getting made. And people who jumped on the train later and missed the heavy hitters are eager to get the mains to have a complete collection (understandable, of course) and might even be hesitant to buy any new characters without owning them.
Acolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 03:35 AM   #33
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

My favorite MOTU figure was Snout Spout. I believe he only appeared in the Shera cartoon though. Beastman and Mantenna were also favorites.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 07:31 AM   #34
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
It´s a double edged sword, in my opinion. People who are into this line since day one and already own all the mains (like myself) couldn´t care less for a revisit of He-Man, Skeletor, She-Ra and Co., at least not within the next few years. They would rather like to see new character getting made. And people who jumped on the train later and missed the heavy hitters are eager to get the mains to have a complete collection (understandable, of course) and might even be hesitant to buy any new characters without owning them.
Or the third edge to the sword - people like me who own most of the originals and still want new Tweeterhead versions
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:59 AM   #35
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Yep, Snout Sprout was only in the She-Ra cartoon. What's weird though is he was in the He-Man toy line but was in her cartoon. My brother had his action figure. So I think he really was meant to be MOTU and created under that license. Could get lucky, Sonic Boom

I will be totally frank that IF PoP characters are ever made, I will probably only buy 3 or 4. She-Ra, Catra, Shadow Weaver, and Frosta. Castaspella would make the cut if she was made before Frosta. I know Igo has an affinity for Mermista, which I find so very interesting.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 11:10 AM   #36
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Yep, Snout Sprout was only in the She-Ra cartoon. What's weird though is he was in the He-Man toy line but was in her cartoon.
Same as all the Horde members.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 11:49 AM   #37
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

So question for anyone and everyone. I know Shadow Weaver and Catra are considered POP, but what about Leech, Grizzlor and Mantenna? I always liked them too.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 12:36 PM   #38
Khev
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Leech and Mantenna are my two favorite Horde members after Hordak.

I always loved the Filmation version of Modulok too.
Khev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:58 PM   #39
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
So question for anyone and everyone. I know Shadow Weaver and Catra are considered POP, but what about Leech, Grizzlor and Mantenna? I always liked them too.

They were released in the original MOTU toy line. Odds are strong they count as MOTU proper.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:03 AM   #40
Demona
Martian Manhunter

MOTU is nominated this year for the Toy Hall of Fame.

https://www.toyhalloffame.org/

I'm going to vote for MOTU and billards. Two games of my childhood. I also had a Cabbage Patch Kid, but I have always hated dolls so my brother and I chopped off its hair. Then had it be the enemy and destroyer of Legos, TMNT, My Little Ponies, and MOTU.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote