Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-08-2015, 01:42 PM   #1
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Strongman Charity Event - July 19th 2015

Hi guys, I've been doing the rounds on social media and thought I'd leave this here for strongman fans and gym enthusiasts. Hit 35 last year and rather than buy a sports car, I'm going with a slightly different route :-)

I got pulled into the idea of training for a 1st timers strongman competition 4 months ago by an old work colleague of mine in the UK. Wouldnt think much to look at her, but she's already competed in several british events and came second in her most recent open for her region.

I've been an avid training fan for years but never really tried strongman training, 5x5, 5-3-1 and especially actual event training like you see at Christmas! But I decided to give it a shot, could be a great day out for the family regardless of how I fare!

The strongman community are without doubt some of the nicest folk, almost on par with Statueforum ;-) Eager to give advice and tips, even guys likely to be competing with me in July.

I've set up a donation page, the other guys aren't doing it but I like to raise funds for any event I compete in, so if you're interested take a look at http://www.justgiving.com/titanstrong

I'll also be adding pics and videos within the 6 week lead up to the event and also on the day itself and have put my beard on the line for the charity and event also :-)

So if you have a sec, please take a look and keep an eye as I update on this impromptu but fun journey into middle age!

All the best,

Leo
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:29 AM   #2
Hulk5150
Death is hereditary.

Very cool. Good for you and good luck to ya!
I turned 40 in January; I have more of a sports car build than a strongman contest build!
Hulk5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:14 AM   #3
Colossal

lol, I have a hard enough time getting in and out of my standard hatchback Hulk, let alone a sports car, it's like a sardine tin I tell you :-)
Old 07-20-2015, 01:48 AM   #4
Colossal

Hey guys just wanted to update real quick, but had the competition yesterday, a long 8 hour day with a lot of sun and fun - I came 2nd in the competition so was blown away and still can't believe it. Rocking a couple of war wounds and sun burn today but really happy with a great day and turnout - onwards and upwards!!

Old 07-22-2015, 01:47 AM   #5
Colossal

I've put a playlist up on Youtube of the day to show the ups and downs of the events, awesome day and still buzzing from it days later!

https://youtu.be/lzdMERRXW8w?list=PL...yZQkynm80NuebC
Old 07-27-2015, 08:35 AM   #6
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

congrats on the 2nd place colossal
always been into weights myself on and off (more off than on though! )
What kind of weights were you lifting in each event?
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 02:09 PM   #7
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I dig it. Me, I'm training to fight the mountain.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote