Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-08-2018, 08:53 PM   #11
Jiggatron69
Hydra

Pulaski sells some nice curios with glass backs. It will cost you a pretty penny though.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:48 PM   #12
ghettodactyl
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
Pulaski sells some nice curios with glass backs. It will cost you a pretty penny though.
I just checked out the Pulaski curios, they look nice but aren't long enough for their depth to hold most of the Prime 1 pieces. Poison Ivy which is one of the smallest pieces I'm getting is 20.47 inches for the depth which the deepest curio I could find from Pulaski was 20 inches which would be just short of even that piece. Most of their curio's seem to be around 16 inches for the depth from what I was able to find. If I want an enclosed curio/cabinet I'm pretty much going to have to go custom for any of the large Prime 1 pieces it looks like.
ghettodactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 03:21 AM   #13
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I know that this is not the correct place, but if someone could help would be nice. I am planing to buy those Detolfs or Bestas from Ikea to expose my 1/6 scale. Do you now the maximum height that those can take? Would a 55 cm /60 cm statue fit there?

thanks
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 03:39 AM   #14
ghettodactyl
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
I know that this is not the correct place, but if someone could help would be nice. I am planing to buy those Detolfs or Bestas from Ikea to expose my 1/6 scale. Do you now the maximum height that those can take? Would a 55 cm /60 cm statue fit there?

thanks
The Detolfs have about 14.5 inches of usable height between each shelf roughly. However you can just not put a shelf in if you want more height. Here's a pic of me doubling up on a shelf to put in a taller figure. I've been packing so I most of my stuff is boxed up already. Just understand with Detolfs they don't have a ton of width/length so if you have a pretty wide figure it may not fit. I'd also try to not put anything too heavy in one also. The glass is not rated for much weight but a lot of people switch out to plexi inserts to put a bit more weight in them. The figure in my left Detolf is 24 inches tall which is almost 61CM tall.

Ikea also happens to sell the Fabrikor display case as well. It's a little more pricy but its a little bigger(slightly wider) and its mostly all made of metal which is nice. I only have 1 which I use to put my 1/2 scale super Sonico in which is 36 inches tall and weighs a good amount.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00242278/

Old 08-09-2018, 04:40 AM   #15
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Wow, this second one sounds like a good idea. Thank you for your time and explanation
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:13 AM   #16
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
Pulaski's are fantastic! I have 6 of them.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:11 AM   #17
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettodactyl View Post
The Detolfs have about 14.5 inches of usable height between each shelf roughly. However you can just not put a shelf in if you want more height. Here's a pic of me doubling up on a shelf to put in a taller figure. I've been packing so I most of my stuff is boxed up already. Just understand with Detolfs they don't have a ton of width/length so if you have a pretty wide figure it may not fit. I'd also try to not put anything too heavy in one also. The glass is not rated for much weight but a lot of people switch out to plexi inserts to put a bit more weight in them. The figure in my left Detolf is 24 inches tall which is almost 61CM tall.

Ikea also happens to sell the Fabrikor display case as well. It's a little more pricy but its a little bigger(slightly wider) and its mostly all made of metal which is nice. I only have 1 which I use to put my 1/2 scale super Sonico in which is 36 inches tall and weighs a good amount.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00242278/

.......i feel like you own a real doll.

Not sure if many prime 1 statues are fitting in Either of these two
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:15 AM   #18
ghettodactyl
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synzaic View Post
.......i feel like you own a real doll.

Not sure if many prime 1 statues are fitting in Either of these two
I don't expect anything made from prime 1 to fit into any of the displays I currently have. The 1/2 scale cold cast resin Super Sonico is tall at 36 inches tall, but isn't very wide/long so it fits in the display case I have pretty easily. Most of the Prime 1 pieces are pretty wide and won't fit in most enclosed displays from what I've seen other than something made custom. I'm still trying to figure out how I'll be displaying the Prime 1 1/3 scale pieces once I get them.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:45 AM   #19
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Ghettodactyl, I use steel garage storage shelves for my collection. They work great, affordable and the 24" depth is perfect for 1/3. You can buy them in different sizes and adjust the shelves. If you're handy you can spray paint them and hacksaw them to get the height you want. The steel surface does not bow under all that weight.

I hacksawed mine to half the height of the room so I can put some framed prints behind them and give Shockwave a home on the bottom where Lockdown is. Jetform Optimus is going next to DOTM Optimus if I can reinforce that shelf. I'm planning on getting two more from Home Depot and play around with the height to raise them off the floor to get a Swifter under them. If you have hardwood floors, get little square plastic feet to move furniture. I can pull mine out to get behind them.

Because they are not enclosed I use a fine painters/craft brush every other week and cans of compressed air once a week. Some collectors frown on the air. Unless you are holding the sprayer right onto the statue or holding the can upside down I don't see the issue. I have had zero issues. I also have an Oreck air purifier in the room to get rid of dust.

I haven't figured out lighting yet but there are tons of options at Ikea or I just might pay an electrician to do some custom track lighting.

The steel storage from Lowes are the same but have a flat surface instead of a rack. I plan on getting one in the fall and experiment to see which one's better.

Here are links to both. There are other options on both sites and pictures of my work in progress.

Also for you Batfanatics you can get three Arkham statues on each rack. I've got Two-Face, Deathstroke and enough measured room for another i.e. Scarecrow, Joker or Catwoman to fit. Mr. Freeze and Croc are a tad too wide so they get to share a shelf together.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-78...W5BH/305885655

https://www.lowes.com/pd/edsal-72-in...g-Unit/1000527
I think those shelves look great with your collection. The other nice thing about those is that they would be able to hold an unlimited amount of weight.

Between the two, I like the ones from Hope Depot better. If you did want a flat surface you could always get a piece of wood or acrylic cut to insert in the shelves.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 10:47 AM   #20
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

those steel shelves look great with the transformers and would possibly even work with alien and terminator stuff. Not sure about other themes though.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote