Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-21-2017, 04:10 PM   #6011
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoardGameBuddha View Post
Hi SSAlex,

2 weeks ago the final Production Voltron Maquette was behind Susan during SS Live, I had 2 concerns I hope you can help with. I know we will see pics/vid soon before shipping but my first concern was with the Yellow on the lion and statue, it looked very Bright Yellow aside from what is should be more of a Mustard color.

Also, the Sword seemed to be at much more of an angle than it should be coming out of Red Lions Jaws to the base.

Can you please enlighten us on this?

Cheers, and Thanks as always!
New pictures and an unboxing video will be released soon yes. The yellow on the lion wasn't too bright when I viewed it under normal lighting conditions. The room, where the livestream currently occurs, tends to throw colors off on pieces due to the lighting in that room.

I've not noticed the sword having any sort of more angled look. It is an entirely separate piece that one needs to fit into red lion head's mouth (by way of taking out the magnetized lower jaw of the lion head) so once placed in there it does give a little wiggle room for the sword to swivel a bit.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:12 PM   #6012
BurningRage
Inhumans

Is there an online comic con event starting July 1st?
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:12 PM   #6013
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Is there an online comic con event starting July 1st?
Indeed there will be!
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:14 PM   #6014
BoardGameBuddha
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
New pictures and an unboxing video will be released soon yes. The yellow on the lion wasn't too bright when I viewed it under normal lighting conditions. The room, where the livestream currently occurs, tends to throw colors off on pieces due to the lighting in that room.

I've not noticed the sword having any sort of more angled look. It is an entirely separate piece that one needs to fit into red lion head's mouth (by way of taking out the magnetized lower jaw of the lion head) so once placed in there it does give a little wiggle room for the sword to swivel a bit.
Woooots, Thanks Alex!
BoardGameBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:06 AM   #6015
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Hi Alex.

Inquiring (DC) minds want to know...

Why does SS continue to produce obscure statues (Gotham Nightmare), variants, 2nd PF of same character, 2nd & 3rd tier characters before giving the fans what they ask for in tier 1 characters? Flash, Martian Manhunter, DKR Bats, Robin, Nightwing, Riddler, Penguin, Two Face...

As you see there are a lot of T1 characters, yet the creative team has again turned their back on the fans and started a Gotham Nightmare line...??? While its a great piece, I didn't hear anyone clamoring for it, especially to the degree to not do the above characters. If resources were available to create that, then they surely were available to create any one of the above asked for pieces.

Its all very confusing. If the team was more transparent and offered an explanation to some degree within the licensing agreement, fans would be much more loyal (private commissions), understanding and forgiving.

I hope this doesn't come off as confrontational, not my intent. Thanks for being here.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:48 AM   #6016
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hi, SSAlex.I just want to ask, as the production version of the Voltron maquette was featured in a sideshow live video recently, is there any chance you can post a pic of it in the Voltron maquette thread?Cheers!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:33 PM   #6017
gokuvegeta
Kindly Asked To Leave

will there be any more suicide squad movie 1/4 to go along with harley or just her? and when is her preorder?
gokuvegeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 02:36 PM   #6018
BoardGameBuddha
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hi, SSAlex.I just want to ask, as the production version of the Voltron maquette was featured in a sideshow live video recently, is there any chance you can post a pic of it in the Voltron maquette thread?Cheers!
Yehhhh, it was far back hiding behind San, that would simply Rock!
BoardGameBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 10:23 AM   #6019
John M
Frackin!

Hi Alex, hope you are doing well!!!
My question is, is there any chance we see a woman bust someday? I'd love to see Harley and other beloved characters!!!
Thanks in advance!
John M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 05:08 AM   #6020
RabagaZt
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Hello! A long time ago there was a teaser for a new Terminator 2 Endoskeleton maquette. What happened to that one, is it still coming?
RabagaZt is offline   Reply With Quote