Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-07-2016, 02:03 AM   #11
built2shred
Phoenix

The lighting is horrible for taking pictures, the statues are being washed out... That said it's an easy pass on these, they looked very detail but these are museum poses to the extreme, I just can't see myself paying $2000+
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 02:30 AM   #12
SammyG
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The lighting is horrible for taking pictures, the statues are being washed out... That said it's an easy pass on these, they looked very detail but these are museum poses to the extreme, I just can't see myself paying $2000+
Agreed. I find these poses very uninspiring... Details are incredible, even with the blown-out photos, but for me, the pose would really have to be something special to bite on a 1:2 scale statue.
SammyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 03:56 AM   #13
Falkor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Like I said in another post, that should be Micheal Keaton and Christopher Reeve in half scale. It would generate far more interest in the collectible world. It's just too risky to launch three half scale pieces based on a film no one has seen yet and I highly doubt the film is gonna rock that much that people willl be willing to spend over four thousand dollars for the pair, let alone six thousand for all three.

Half scale in my opinion should only be for the big boys that are tried and true: Vader, Terminator, Alien, Predator, I'd even take Sideshow's cancelled 1:2 Indiana Jones over these.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 06:17 AM   #14
HITReza
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I hoped more for Batman.
Maybe its just afleck, but that Batman looks weird.
HITReza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 06:29 AM   #15
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The costume is great indeed, but whe we are talking about 1/2 scale and very expensive you expect the ''WOW'' factor in every aspect of a statue.

it's not entirely P1's fault, since the face's awkwardness, derives from the film's design.
However, in the first picture you can see the intensity and energy
However compare the pics below:

The P1 Batman lacks the presence and charisma, so evident in the rest of P1 Statues. Batman has a goofy countenance, its not just the bad lighting, more pis have come up of the same statue in better quality and give off the same feeling.
The wonky eyes and dull expression make it an easy pass for me.

Also, where is the odd 5 o'clock shadow??,we all hated on the SSC Batman, but looks so great on Batfleck?? All the film shots we've seen so far portray Batman unshaven and i think works perfect for the old and worn out version of Batman. still, the statue doens't depict this specially fitted feature

The pose is lifeless, yet the 1/3 scale doens't give you much space for maneuverability, the museum poses is a restraint but certainly couldn be better executed. P1 has already paved the way for imposing and jaw dropping huge poses, for instance the AK Batman.

More or less, the same goes for the MOS statue. I think P1 can do miracles for the 1/3 scale but hasn't completely convinced me with their take on the 1/2 scale... The bigger isn't always better
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12644884_1651543468444704_2320272291032660922_n.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	94760  
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 06:53 AM   #16
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

This is a costume only fit for the shadows.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 07:00 AM   #17
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
This is a costume only fit for the shadows.
Even in less brightness, i am skeptical...

Even the hands position seems out of place.

I don't know maybe i had high hopes for this particualr piece and the whole 1/2 line. I am sticking to the 1/3 and 1/4
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12662576_1651436731788711_3724833754305709960_n.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	94761  
Old 02-07-2016, 07:35 AM   #18
SuperJ300
Zot

So far all the Affleck Batman statues and figures looks odd.

Everything Prime 1 has done is accurate.

I will have to watch the film to see if I can warm up to the new Bat suit design.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 07:51 AM   #19
Lionore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ300 View Post
So far all the Affleck Batman statues and figures looks odd.

Everything Prime 1 has done is accurate.

I will have to watch the film to see if I can warm up to the new Bat suit design.
I have to disagree man, here are photos of the costumes being showcased on the convention floor of SDCC 2015:

P1 is supposed to step up the game,bringing us unprecedented quality of the life like measures of 1/2 statues. If Batman looks great in the pics above , then it's P1's fault for not exuding the same awesomeess in their version. Don't get me wrong. i am not chastisng P1,i've supported it from the start, applauding their every move

The pics above are a sign of how much better MOS and especially Batmn should have turned up...
Old 02-07-2016, 08:15 AM   #20
SuperJ300
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionore View Post
I have to disagree man, here are photos of the costumes being showcased on the convention floor of SDCC 2015:

That Batman looks better.

Maybe P1 can tweak him a bit, give more muscle definition.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote