Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-20-2017, 07:20 PM   #1
Klear Knives
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

PCS Social Media Army

I thought I should post this for those who aren't on Facebook.
RedAnt wrote this:

PCS State of the Union Update
"Social Media Army"

So to say I'm drinking from a waterfall right now would be the understatement of the century. There are a lot of fire drills that I need to dive into right now around the factories and the QC process we are getting from China. As such I've enlisted some people to help me on the social media side of the business to keep this group and our social media thriving while I take care of these fires. I am calling them the PCS social media army. I'll still be posting but they will help me with the sneaks, answering questions and gather feedback. I'll have more info in the coming days so stay tuned!
Klear Knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:27 PM   #2
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Lol
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:34 PM   #3
sparda
The Avengers

Feels a bit like 'What the hell did I get myself into?' ?
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:34 PM   #4
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Solid move!
lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:43 PM   #5
Klear Knives
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparda View Post
Feels a bit like 'What the hell did I get myself into?' ?
How so? They are going a great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisnfro86 View Post
Solid move!
It really is a great move!
Klear Knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:11 PM   #6
sparda
The Avengers

Yeah, I do think they are turning this thing around, which is a good thing of course. The message just gave me the impression that RedAnt might not have expected the amount of work that was going to go into it/he realised it was worse than expected.

But, as English isn't my native tongue, it might be that I'm misinterpreting his message of course.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:24 AM   #7
halfamazing
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
... they will help me with the sneaks, answering questions and gather feedback. I'll have more info in the coming days so stay tuned!
i assume all of this will be exclusive to those on Facebook?

The Twitter account is on life support and I can't access the Facebook page because I don't have an account. And judging from the quote above it looks like there's an intent to move the discussion from here to Facebook. The only upshot in this whole social media exercise is the WIP clips Jerry posts on Instagram, but that's been there since before the inception of this "Army", so I'm not giving them credit for it.

Now even the newsletter is getting decimated. In the last two newsletters we've received there's been news about the Warehouse Gems program... All you have to do is go to the private facebook page to find out more.

It's probably too early to say... but to me this whole experiment is creating unnecessary "exclusive" clubs between collectors when none are needed.

The irony in all this is that I've been a PCS customer for a solid 7+ years and can honestly say this is the most detached I've felt from the company.
halfamazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:38 AM   #8
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
i assume all of this will be exclusive to those on Facebook?

The Twitter account is on life support and I can't access the Facebook page because I don't have an account. And judging from the quote above it looks like there's an intent to move the discussion from here to Facebook. The only upshot in this whole social media exercise is the WIP clips Jerry posts on Instagram, but that's been there since before the inception of this "Army", so I'm not giving them credit for it.

Now even the newsletter is getting decimated. In the last two newsletters we've received there's been news about the Warehouse Gems program... All you have to do is go to the private facebook page to find out more.

It's probably too early to say... but to me this whole experiment is creating unnecessary "exclusive" clubs between collectors when none are needed.

The irony in all this is that I've been a PCS customer for a solid 7+ years and can honestly say this is the most detached I've felt from the company.
Social media means EVERYTHING social media. That includes forums (like here), FB, FB collectors group and instagram. I haven't decided what I want to do with twitter yet. You can always join FB. You don't even have to use your real name, etc. Joining FB is the same as joining here.
red_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:28 AM   #9
qz33
Rescue

I'd say twitter has been supplanted by instagram for more visual pursuits.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:07 AM   #10
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I just like forums better.

Things can be organized into threads and sections, etc.
People can talk coherently over time, linearly ...FB is just a jumble of whomever talked last.
On FB I can never find ---- after a few days...nevermind after a week or month.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote