Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 07-07-2006, 05:18 PM   #1
sellin71
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Investment Clubs

Does anyone here belong to an investment club? Myself and two of my friends meet twice a month for beer and bull$hit sessions. We all ante up $50 a piece per meeting. Our intentions are to parlay our dues into worthy investments, steering clear of stocks. We are going to borrow some money to buy a rent house and use our dues to make the payment. You can buy a decent rent house for about $15000 around here. I have a separate friend that has about 15 rent houses himself. So far this has been great fun and we all are very excited about the future.
sellin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:24 PM   #2
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

I have this friend named Randy and he "sells" me statues, but in reality we are investing in a paint shop in China.....hand over fist baby, hand over fist...
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:24 PM   #3
DFury
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

uh huh

Sounds to me like a excuse to go out with your friends and drink BEER

But seriously, not a bad idea as long as the friends your doing this with and you have a long trustworthy relationship and everything is spelled out before hand..

best of luck with it...

df
DFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:44 PM   #4
Colossus
Loki

for 15g's do the come with doors and floors?!?!? How much is property tax in that area usually when property values are that low it is because the state is arse bangin em on taxes lol.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:51 PM   #5
kirthew
Zot

Hmmm and here I thought investment clubs meant friday night at the strip joint.
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:44 PM   #6
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage
I have this friend named Randy and he "sells" me statues, but in reality we are investing in a paint shop in China.....hand over fist baby, hand over fist...
I have begun to invest as well
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:56 PM   #7
sellin71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus
for 15g's do the come with doors and floors?!?!? How much is property tax in that area usually when property values are that low it is because the state is arse bangin em on taxes lol.
For 15g's you get a fifty year old house that is about 1000 square feet. Property tax is about 100 bucks a year on it. If you polish it up abit you can rent it for 300-350 a month.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:27 PM   #8
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellin71
Does anyone here belong to an investment club? Myself and two of my friends meet twice a month for beer and bull$hit sessions. We all ante up $50 a piece per meeting. Our intentions are to parlay our dues into worthy investments, steering clear of stocks. We are going to borrow some money to buy a rent house and use our dues to make the payment. You can buy a decent rent house for about $15000 around here. I have a separate friend that has about 15 rent houses himself. So far this has been great fun and we all are very excited about the future.
Investment Clubs are a great way to learn and invest. I belonged (well, actually ran) an investment club in St. Louis MO for 12 or so years. Took a group of about 10 friends investing $25 a month and turned it into a club with 50 members and a valuation of over $250,000. We had over $1,000,000 transferred into/out of the club as new members joined and other members left. We belonged to an organization called N.A.I.C (National Association of Investment Clubs) which assisted in setting up the club and running the club. Since moving to Denver, the club disbanded (no one was really stepping up to run it on a regular basis). I personally cashed in close to $40K when we liquidated. Just 2 months ago I joined a local Denver club. Small group of about 6 people who want to grow the club. Check out www.betterinvesting.org for information on investment clubs.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:59 PM   #9
sellin71

Thanks NBR
Old 07-07-2006, 09:25 PM   #10
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

not a bad idea!!!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote