Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-17-2018, 12:41 PM   #2231
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I don’t like the price jump anymore than most of you do but I’m not as mad about it because Deadpool and Bane cost $50 less so I was mentally prepared for this blow. When people first seen those prices for those characters, they freaked out just like what’s happening now and most collectors all ran out and spent the money anyway. I guess I’m used to these prices since I favor XM statues these last few years more because of what you get in the box with the switch outs, excellent QC, intriquite bases, and A-C characters. I’m buying Sideshows Magneto along with XM White Magneto.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:42 PM   #2232
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Are you saying that you paid less for XM Storm including the shipping price estimated than Magneto? Because if so, point me in the right direction lol!
I would imagine just the cost of the Storm statue itself.

Not the same statue but I'm buying the XM White Magneto and after markup, it comes to about $900 USD and that's before shipping is factored in.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:51 PM   #2233
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

The unmasked portrait face looks nice but I would like the hair to be shorter like it was in jim lee comics.

The masked face looks lime a different face to me....
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:55 PM   #2234
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I do blame sideshow for sideshowified costumes when original classic version of characters haven't been released yet. I bought the classic OG Batman, Superman, WW, GL, Aquaman, Darkseid, Lobo, Joker, Ivy, Catwoman, Bane, and Harley PFs. I spent thousands of dollars on them and at the very least I need a classic Flash and Martian Manhunter to complete the Big 7. If you get to complain about prices and over saturation of the market...why shouldn't classic PF fans be able to voice their frustration over sideshowified costumes? Just because the topic isn't important to you doesn't mean it isn't important to others. Hell, some people have no problem with higher pricing or don't give a damn about how much the market is over saturated so long as their PF looks good on their display shelves. Different strokes for different folks.
There is your problem FJC. You say you don't want sideshowified costumes but even your JL lineup has sideshowified outfits. Batman and Wonder Woman has SS artistic touch. Same can be said of Aquaman with the long hair and hook. The changes are minute but they are there.

If you want to go the custom route, even those have customized outfits and the only way to ensure you get the classic look you want you will have to commission one, but it will be over $2K to do it.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:56 PM   #2235
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
I would imagine just the cost of the Storm statue itself.

Not the same statue but I'm buying the XM White Magneto and after markup, it comes to about $900 USD and that's before shipping is factored in.
Yeah that’s what I paid. I wouldn’t be buying this Sideshow Magneto if the white magneto was red and purple costume but I needed a 1/4 magneto and I missed the magneto on the throne and wasn’t paying $3000-3500 in the after market for that. Not worth it.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:57 PM   #2236
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
I don’t like the price jump anymore than most of you do but I’m not as mad about it because Deadpool and Bane cost $50 less so I was mentally prepared for this blow.
pretty much where im at, still i was not expecting this to be more than both by $50... i mean this thing looks incredible and i love it but i dont see what sets this above either of those. obviously this is taller than wolverine but it doesnt seem "bigger" or "more detailed"

prime1 1/3 scale statues have been $900-1000 for a regular sized character for the last few years, not sure why these 1/4 scale pieces keep jumping up $25-50 every release
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:03 PM   #2237
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Yeah that’s what I paid. I wouldn’t be buying this Sideshow Magneto if the white magneto was red and purple costume but I needed a 1/4 magneto and I missed the magneto on the throne and wasn’t paying $3000-3500 in the after market for that. Not worth it.
You and I are pretty much on the same page. The XM White Magneto looks amazing so I had to get it but I also want a purple/red Magneto in my collection. I'm just not willing to pay the thousands for the XM Magneto or the other customs that are out. I'm trying to decide whether this Sideshow one is worth it to add to my collection for the $750 + shipping it's going to cost. I don't think this Magneto looks bad at all. It's just not grabbing me by the throat and screaming "awesome!!" in my face so far. Maybe I just have to warm up to it...time will tell I guess.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:04 PM   #2238
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
There is your problem FJC. You say you don't want sideshowified costumes but even your JL lineup has sideshowified outfits. Batman and Wonder Woman has SS artistic touch. Same can be said of Aquaman with the long hair and hook. The changes are minute but they are there.

If you want to go the custom route, even those have customized outfits and the only way to ensure you get the classic look you want you will have to commission one, but it will be over $2K to do it.
Here we go again. Those PFs you mentioned are all classic inspired costumes. Sure they all had minor tweaks but they are classic inspired costumes. However, Deathstroker is a sideshowified costume. If we can't agree upon that simple difference, then there's really no point in discussing the matter any further. We've done this before and I have no interest in going around in circles again.

And the prices on custom piece vary. If only one or a handful are made, then yes, they cost 2K. However, if a larger run is made, the cost decreases significantly.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:09 PM   #2239
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I guess we will have a lot of time to think about getting the Ex since looks like going to be opened for a while.
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:17 PM   #2240
SONICobra
Batman

i agree about the cape i think a light weight sculpted cape would have taken this to another level, i dont dislike fabric as much as some here but i dont like the large visible seams on the edge of the cape. i dont think it can be avoided but from a realism standpoint imagine that blown up 4X on a person - still love the statue but ive been looking at the blog all day and its been bugging me a little more and more when i look at it
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote