Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 06:57 PM   #1
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

The Official Ask Syco Collectibles Thread

Hi Guys-

A rep from Syco has been good enough to register here to answer our questions about their new Mortal Kombat line.

Let's use this thread to house all the questions and hopefully a mod can make this thread a 'sticky.'
Old 01-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
Atheris
The Maxx

Simple question syco, why should a customer choose you over PCS in buying into this line?

Dont mean to you put you on the spot, but then again....I do lol

Chris
Old 01-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
A R E S
The Spirit

I would want to know if every statue in the Premium Format lineup will be in a museum style standing pose with the same base? Or will that change with later statues?
Old 01-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #4
Bowen Collector
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Will you be producing Shao Khan as a ten inch, premium format and 1/2 scale bust?
Old 01-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
Erihppas
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Question

What about MK dioramas? Are there any plans for those at the moment?
Old 01-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #6
Erihppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erihppas View Post
What about MK dioramas? Are there any plans for those at the moment?
This could be an interesting one!

Just an idea.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #7
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

This one was already asked on FB but I'll pose it here for everyone. For the PF Sub Zero that has already been released, any chance that you could go back and do his signature iceball to rest in his right hand and sell it after the fact?

Old 01-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #8
Erihppas

Smile

The absence of the iceball is just like the absence of the green souls(?) around Ermac's hands; it's still a wonderful statue but having those on there would have added a nice touch in my opinion.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #9
Buddhboy
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen Collector View Post
Will you be producing Shao Khan as a ten inch, premium format and 1/2 scale bust?
I have seen sneak peak pictures on Mortal Kombat Online of Shao Khan 1/2 scale bust,so far it look's good.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #10
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Hi Syco, glad you have a face (name) here. I do frequent facebook as well concerning Syco Mortal Kombat line, but since you may be frequenting here from time to time, I do have a couple questions.

1)It seems like with the advent of some of the next statues (Rain, Skarlet maybe, et. al.) they are going to be on unique bases relative to that character (Rain's base having some type of water type design, etc.). The question is.......if you do this for the future, would you revist some of the bases for Sub-Zero, Ermac, and Scorpion and release them separately to put the already done statues on?

It would definitely make the statue pop more if the base of Sub-Zero was like a frozen ice base with some icicles on the edge of the base.

2)I originally posed the question on facebook if Syco would revist Sub-Zero 18" and make an iceball to fit in his hand. Is that possible?

3)With Sonya, it sounds like she will be the first mixed media statue. Are the remaining statues you do going to go the mixed media route? Or is that just a choice for Sonya and Sonya alone?

4)Any plans on making a Premium Statue of Goro, Kintaro, Shao Khan? And if so, how tall might they be (a guestimation if you will)? I absolutely love powerhouse characters in fighting games and comics, and these are big boys!

My guess would be those mentioned would be in the 24" - 26" inch range thus making it 25.5" - 27.5" overall in height.

5)Is there any chance you might darken the wraps on Ermac 18" statue? I have seen that comment multiple times on Facebook and the MKOnline forums.

In any case, glad to see you pop up on SF and hope to see new products shown either here, Facebook, MKOnline, and your own website in the near future.

Hoping you guys reveal that Rain statue and Shao Khan 1:2 bust in the very near future. Thanks again!
Closed Thread