Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 09-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #1401
LOOP-DOG
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenix v.2.0 View Post
came out great Loop-Dog. Was that yours on display at the jerseyfest show?
Thanks Fenix! Yep that was it. Were you there? Would of been cool to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post
Amazing work Loop-Dog.
Thank you!
LOOP-DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #1402
OGURATZ
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGURATZ View Post
Hey guys, I've been reading this forum everyday for the past couple of months and I must say I haven't seen a more talented group of people who are so willing to help out and share their knowledge. The more I read, the more excited I became about tackling this project and rekindled my love for collecting statues in general.
I have Sagat #68 and Ryu #15 and have watched all of John's very informative videos on youtube and I think I'm ready to get started.
Ed had mentioned in his thread that he was going to post instructions on how to put the LEDs in the kits but never got around to it, so I registered specifically to ask if anyone has any tutorial on how to light up both kits. I've searched and haven't found any. Thanks in advance for any help.
OK I take that back, ya'll a bunch of unhelpful bastards! But still very talented nonetheless
Seriously though, nobody has any info on how to put LED on these kits? Or am I posting on the wrong thread? HELP!
OGURATZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:00 AM   #1403
moonmonkey
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
OK I take that back, ya'll a bunch of unhelpful bastards! But still very talented nonetheless
Seriously though, nobody has any info on how to put LED on these kits? Or am I posting on the wrong thread? HELP!
as far as i kow it isnt too hard to connect led lights to anything .. the only problem would be the work and time you need to hide the wiring and batteries and switch... i know how to connect leds with 9v batteries and which resistors t use but like i said the work to place the led light and hide it well is what i thnk would be most time consuming ..idk just my two cents i could be wrong
moonmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:26 AM   #1404
OGURATZ

Thanks moonmonkey. Yup, I've read some instructions on how to connect the bulb to a switch and battery, and like you said, that part is fairly simple. I'm actually looking for info of how someone has run the wires through these kits. I don't want to just start drilling holes through them. I'm also trying to figure out if it's still possible to have detachable arms/flames if it's lighted.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:11 AM   #1405
moonmonkey
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Thanks moonmonkey. Yup, I've read some instructions on how to connect the bulb to a switch and battery, and like you said, that part is fairly simple. I'm actually looking for info of how someone has run the wires through these kits. I don't want to just start drilling holes through them. I'm also trying to figure out if it's still possible to have detachable arms/flames if it's lighted.
ya no problem i know what ya mean i couldnt even begin to think on how to do the wiring and hide everything properly.. but just in case with the leds in order to get the correct resistor you get the ......mA (milliamps) divided by 1000 which would equal the amps the led has ...

then you divide 9 (which is the power source) (9V) by the amps which gives you the ohms for the correct resistor

always get a resistor a little bit higher than what the ohms equal to and you can hook up as many leds as you want as long as you dont exceed the volts from the power source which is 9V .. some leds have 2 volts or 1.5, 2.2 and so forth

and use copper wiring i think 18 or 16 gauge copper wire is best

thats as far as i know on how to connect leds beyond this i have no idea lol so i wouldnt be able to comprehend how to wire a row of leds and such but a few i can manage hope this helps
moonmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #1406
LOOP-DOG
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I did try to do the light up on another Sagat I have but being that I was un-successful I am in no position to give a "tutorial"...however in terms of running the wire thru him be prepared to drill holes in him. Quite a few if them as there are many bends. Also I found it easiest to come out of his right leg which is extended in a straighter way. Good luck with the project. I will continue trying as well
LOOP-DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #1407
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
LOL wish i could help more with LEDs, but i dont work on them. i know the theory behind them, drill a hole thru out the piece so the wire goes from under the base to the fire areas, but other then that i dont know how to set it all up.

At jerseyfest over the past years the guys told me the easiest way to do LEDs is hit a christmas store or LED candles, gut the wires and clickers and just run those thru statues. Making them from scratch is easy if you know the correct circuits to use, i just dont know them.

I think the best bet is youtube how to LED statues, Kits, Spaceships etc.. and you may find something that can be tweaked for a statue kit.

If you do and it works, then you can make a video to help everyone else.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #1408
OGURATZ

Thanks guys. I was hoping someone has already figured it out.
Great suggestion about gutting a pre-existing circuit.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:02 PM   #1409
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Are those glossy ones on Ebay without flames recasts? They were buy it now $220
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:33 AM   #1410
fenix v.2.0
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
Are those glossy ones on Ebay without flames recasts? They were buy it now $220
Yup thhose are recasts. No box, no #'d plaque.
fenix v.2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote