Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 12-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #301
Artsta
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
I'm sure you can have the colors customized to your liking; pink shorts, black stripe, green bandages, black skin...

That's how I'm having mine done!
Black Sagat!!! Oh snap!!!
Artsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #302
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinRafa View Post
the right price for a non-assemble and unpainted is $125 tops, IMO I think that for the paint an the assembly it could go up to $200.

Pop Culture Statues, Sideshow are wayyyyy bigger, better quality and real clothing for less than $400.

Who in they're right mind will pay $400 for a painted kit????

Don't get me wrong the kit looks amazing but just not worth $400.
Actually I have to disagree with you. This is why, please bear with me OK?
A)These are extremely limited, not mass produced.
B) These are not 3rd or 4th generation castings made of Polystone which is basically Polyester resin and filler powder (Calcite stone), which I love as it is a cheaper material for production, but for limited production we are going with resin used for prototyping, Polyurethane... and yes it is more expensive, and for those that may think these will be light,trust me they are heavy, not rotocasted, 100% pure urethane resin, no fillers....Jorge hates using fillers, and I agree with him.
The cost of producing these here is very high versus doing it elsewhere.

C) These are retaining all the details of the original sculpt as they are first generation Prototypes technically.These are basically the same thing we turn over to Koto, DC Collectibles, etc, for the beginning of production... "tooling masters" if you will.
Only thing is that now the public can have limited access to them, they are not rushed, low quality sculpts ( call me biased as I am the sculptor). I am trying to bring my A game with these. We are even starting to model these in 3-D, bought a 3-D printer, expensive software etc, ( Ryu was 100% hand sculpted by the way) and we transferring the 3-D prints to tooling wax for even richer details to be carved in.
I however understand these will NOT be for everyone, as they are more expensive than their 1/4 massed produce cousins, but I know there's are 150 people out there that may think this is a cool niche idea, and this is why we are moving forward. In the future our plans are to mass produce as well, but always keeping the highest standard. We've been doing this for almost 20 years, and we know how certain things can be improved in production.
D) Not one of these will be the same, they will all be 100% unique.
F)These are true 1/6th scale, we even did the correct math to convert their official "real world height" into 1/6th. So Sagat for example is 15" if standing. Ryu is 11 or so. These guys are massive, just look at the pictures in this link.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9798895&type=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
LOL you guys are silly complaining about the prices on quality kits being made. They are kits and the prices are amazing as far as kits go. So before you cry about the price do some research on kits and find out how much they are before painted and then find out how much they cost to get professionally painted by someone other then a factory of painters.

Plus for $400 getting a top quality kit, with clear resin and lights and then professionally painted it a AMAZING PRICE!

And you think your pre painted items are not kits? They are processed the same way.

I give Erick props for testing the market like this, it can open up new fan base and appeal to the hobby of kit making with characters that never get made. So while it may not cater to guys who dont paint or put kits together, it caters to them amazingly with a $200 price tag of well thought out and amazing kit sculpts that are actually official.
Thank you Vince, this is all actually a test, and if things go well, then we'll know when to kick-start stage 2.
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #303
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

By the way, here's some images,
Please go to facebook to see more
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9798895&type=1
He just arrived today and I myself am baffled at how professional these look painted... I give all props to Ed Bradley from www.shelfcandystudio.com for such an outstanding work.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #304
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Oh and the price for the unpainted unassembled Sagat is :
$224.99
Ryu will be $199.99
Again these are big.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #305
ShinRafa
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Ok,thanks for the explanation!!!!!:-)
What is the price for the painted one?????,that's the one that I'm interest it in.
ShinRafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #306
High Lord Apocalypse
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

E, you have my business. Even though I don't feel 1:6 fit my collection. I'm buying your line for 2 reasons.
One is hoping that my business will help you kick start stage 2. (Cough. Action pose AND 1:4 scale. Cough)
Secondly. I doubt a more intense action pose of Sagat can be made. Been collecting long enough to know quality when I see it.
High Lord Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #307
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinRafa View Post
Ok,thanks for the explanation!!!!!:-)
What is the price for the painted one?????,that's the one that I'm interest it in.
No problem, thank you! As for the paint, it may be anything between $200 and up depending on the painter. Ed Bradley is amazing, and we know plenty more like Vince etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Lord Apocalypse View Post
E, you have my business. Even though I don't feel 1:6 fit my collection. I'm buying your line for 2 reasons.
One is hoping that my business will help you kick start stage 2. (Cough. Action pose AND 1:4 scale. Cough)
Secondly. I doubt a more intense action pose of Sagat can be made. Been collecting long enough to know quality when I see it.
Thank you so much man, you honor me.
And I promise stage 2 will likely happen but in a way that will certain turn some heads I hope.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #308
Liad
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Dear mother of God... that Sagat. Absolutely amazing!

Edit: What is the rough estimated time these pre-orders are going up? Around mid-day in US is the middle of the night here, so would like to know if I need to pull an all-nighter
Liad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:51 PM   #309
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yo, Erick, you gotta sculpt the Tony D figure, man
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #310
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Sweet mother hubbard that Sagat is HUGE for 1/6 scale!!! Makes the SOTA 1/6 look ridiculous.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote