Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 12-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #511
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Can't wait for Ryu and Akuma! Passing on Sagat, even though I think he looks awesome!
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #512
Artsta
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueHunter75 View Post
What video showed the Akuma do you have a link???
Http://www.prototypezstudios.com it's the video on the first page. Akuma's striking the ground. Looks like its just the Digital Sculpt so far.
Artsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #513
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsta View Post
Http://www.prototypezstudios.com it's the video on the first page. Akuma's striking the ground. Looks like its just the Digital Sculpt so far.
Thanks
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #514
Jiggeh
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

There's no way I could afford it (nor would I have the skill to put it together), but Sagat looks truly fantastic, and I really can't wait to see better photos of him. The brief glimpse I got on the stream from the SF25 event made it look even cooler than in the few photos that have surfaced, so I can only imagine how amazing it must look in person.

From what we've been shown of the other characters I think the sculpts are a bit more of a mixed bag (more to do with my personal preferences than anything), but thankfully none of them are really my favourite characters so I don't have to really feel bad about passing on them, heh. Overall I think this line shows tremendous promise and I'm really excited to see all the characters you'll get to do over the coming months/years! Cammy is definitely my favourite character so it's cool to hear that she might be coming sooner rather than later, but regardless I'll be looking forward to seeing whoever you'll be making.
Jiggeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #515
Liad
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggeh View Post

From what we've been shown of the other characters I think the sculpts are a bit more of a mixed bag
I am a bit on the fence about Ken. Ken is basically a cocky douchebag, and I don't think he's ever been THAT serious about any match. DP pose is fine, but he just looks WAY too menacing. It's still a great rendition of Ken though, so i'll hold my criticism until the painted sample is here - I'm basing all of this on the two pictures available on the site.
Liad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #516
dzetaplus
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

i do like this series that you have come up with and seeing the interpretation of Sagat , Ryu and Blanka, i'm looking forwards to how the Byson and Honda will be captured, especially Honda since he is not a muscular build
dzetaplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #517
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

^
I think the digital WIPS are just showing basic pose. The fine details haven't been worked out yet. I think Ken is going to look A LOT better when he's done.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #518
Liad
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
^
I think the digital WIPS are just showing basic pose. The fine details haven't been worked out yet. I think Ken is going to look A LOT better when he's done.
He most likely is, Sagat's digital sculpt was a 8.5/10 for me, and when I saw the finished painted sample it jumped to a 10/10. But I'm still wondering if the 'DIE A THOUSAND DEATHS' is the style they'll just run with, or if they will switch it up with each individual character. I mean goddamn, that'll be one scary Sakura.
Liad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:54 AM   #519
Artsta

^I wondering if I wanna go with Evil Sakura. I'm doing a semi-evil Ryu (Black Gi, Yellow Belt, Bands, and Fighting Mitts). Might request the Dark Hadou symbol that means Murder/Destroy painted on his back like this:

Old 12-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #520
Artsta

Or this one: