Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 12-12-2012, 01:58 AM   #671
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Damn, I'm exhausted. I feel like I have a bunch more questions, but maybe l'll shut up and ask tomorrow.

Great work, guys. These are expensive, but the quality is ridiculously high compared to anything I've ever seeing and I'm really pumped to see these in person. I haven't been this excited for a statue in years. Honestly!
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:30 AM   #672
Artsta
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I really like the LED's, but it does concern me that in time they bulbs will burn out and can't be replaced. I think a standard statue with the $300 paint job is gonna have to suffice. Man... $500+ on one of these babies, and I'm getting the whole line... Shoot...

I hope you stay in the painting business Ed, cause it's gonna take me a while to pay for all this. I get the feeling in Jan I'll be dropping the $500 to have a fully painted Ryu. And the rest will have to wait their course.
Artsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:51 AM   #673
ProtoStudios
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Damn, I'm exhausted. I feel like I have a bunch more questions, but maybe l'll shut up and ask tomorrow.

Great work, guys. These are expensive, but the quality is ridiculously high compared to anything I've ever seeing and I'm really pumped to see these in person. I haven't been this excited for a statue in years. Honestly!
lol, it's the best Q&A thread ever bro. actually, we'll probably start a new thread taking all your questions and Ed's answers. all of this really clarifies everything and I apologize for any confusion earlier on the thread. thanks for that.

As for the excitement part, that's really more of the experience. Designing your own statue is what makes it a OOAK and that's really our aim for this line and for our company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsta View Post
I really like the LED's, but it does concern me that in time they bulbs will burn out and can't be replaced. I think a standard statue with the $300 paint job is gonna have to suffice. Man... $500+ on one of these babies, and I'm getting the whole line... Shoot...

I hope you stay in the painting business Ed, cause it's gonna take me a while to pay for all this. I get the feeling in Jan I'll be dropping the $500 to have a fully painted Ryu. And the rest will have to wait their course.
You should be fine Artsta. I mean there's only 30+ or so characters, so the whole line should be ok.
ProtoStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:04 AM   #674
Rainy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I have a question.
Since Sagat is avialable in stock, does that mean if I buy him you will ship him instantly to me?
Rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:20 AM   #675
ProtoStudios
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy View Post
I have a question.
Since Sagat is avialable in stock, does that mean if I buy him you will ship him instantly to me?
Actually, in stock means it's in production. we cast upon ordering and keeps our overhead low. its deliverable within 30 days, but now that you brought that up, i should add that to the description to avoid confusion. thanks R.
ProtoStudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:35 AM   #676
Artsta
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoStudios View Post
You should be fine Artsta. I mean there's only 30+ or so characters, so the whole line should be ok.
Trust me, when I get into collecting, I don't stop. It just keeps going and going. I love Gears of War on a waaaaaay smaller scale then Street Fighter, yet this is what happened: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ars-Collection

And that's not even fully updated haha. The Street Fighter passion is on a whole nother level.
Artsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:21 AM   #677
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsta View Post
Trust me, when I get into collecting, I don't stop. It just keeps going and going. I love Gears of War on a waaaaaay smaller scale then Street Fighter, yet this is what happened: http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/...ars-Collection

And that's not even fully updated haha. The Street Fighter passion is on a whole nother level.
Wow Artsta sweet GOW collection! I bet looking back you wish you never opened that series one Anthony Carmine seeing what they're fetching on the bay nowadays! I have a pretty good Gears collection myself but nowhere as good as that! Did you pick up any of the TriForce Gears stuff?
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:32 AM   #678
StatueHunter75
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Look I've been in this game long enough to understand good production when I see it and I understand this is amazing paintwork but what I'm finding a tough pill to swallow is the fact that I'm paying more for the paint job than the actual statue when you really think of it. I hope the price of the paintwork and assembly doesn't go up with each new statue cuz then I will never be able to afford this line. And don't get me wrong I understand Ed's paintwork is up there with best painters and a fair price, I'm just saying to keep up with this line is going to be very expensive. I'm gonna have a coronary when you reveal the 1/4 scale ones and those costs.
StatueHunter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #679
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueHunter75 View Post
Look I've been in this game long enough to understand good production when I see it and I understand this is amazing paintwork but what I'm finding a tough pill to swallow is the fact that I'm paying more for the paint job than the actual statue when you really think of it. I hope the price of the paintwork and assembly doesn't go up with each new statue cuz then I will never be able to afford this line. And don't get me wrong I understand Ed's paintwork is up there with best painters and a fair price, I'm just saying to keep up with this line is going to be very expensive. I'm gonna have a coronary when you reveal the 1/4 scale ones and those costs.
Speaking for myself, I can't justify making this purchase. I simply can't afford these pieces.

I've read peoples comments stating if a statue goes $400 up I'm out etc.. That's my limit unless I'm searching for a grail or something.

Sideshows Batman PF is $400 and that thing is HUGE and Completed (not a kit). I now feel like I'm getting a super deal from SS.

I can go get Sosa's Koto Venom, Spiderman and Cyclops for the same price as ONE of these SF pieces!

Sorry! I really like the work Prototypez has done with ryu sagat and the future projects with street fighter look amazing!
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:45 AM   #680
dark_spidey
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I get your point, man

But you have to keep in mind that these SF pieces will be 10 times more limited than any koto statue. Not to mention much better painted

I think 400$ for one of these is a rather fair price
dark_spidey is offline   Reply With Quote