Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

View Poll Results: Would you buy Tekken kits if PTZ acquired the license?
Yes! 23 56.10%
No way! 18 43.90%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2014, 11:21 AM   #1
Liad
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Gauging interest in Tekken

Okay, so I figured i'd post a poll where people can vote if they are interested in PTZ doing Tekken Kits. I know I would kill for some Tekken statues.

Make your voices heard!
Liad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:35 PM   #2
stellaspeed
Kindly Asked To Leave

Tekken... I would like to see some SNK pieces. They have a number of characters that people would buy. I am not saying SNK because I what people to try and 1 up me I really do mean SNK. There are this not meany great Tekken characters.
stellaspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #3
Liad

How do you mean "Not that many great characters" ? It's another fighting game, just like SF, with a huge roster of varied and unique characters.

Ignoring the subjectivity of it, it blows my mind that the best selling fighting game franchise has this few fans when it comes to merchandise (There is almost close to no Tekken merchandise out there), while SF is over-saturated with it.

Thinking about it, it's the same thing with VF, and it's probably because their character designs are based in reality.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #4
Grifterr
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'm all for SNK and specifically King of Fighters myself. But that's just me preferring 2d fighters over 2.5/3D ones.

P.s I am dreaming of a Terry Bogard 1/4 kit in a dynamic Buster wolf action pose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJn1mrurXE0
Grifterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:43 PM   #5
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellaspeed View Post
Tekken... I would like to see some SNK pieces. They have a number of characters that people would buy. I am not saying SNK because I what people to try and 1 up me I really do mean SNK. There are this not meany great Tekken characters.
Amen, brother! Tekken is overrated.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 03:46 PM   #6
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liad View Post
How do you mean "Not that many great characters" ? It's another fighting game, just like SF, with a huge roster of varied and unique characters.

Ignoring the subjectivity of it, it blows my mind that the best selling fighting game franchise has this few fans when it comes to merchandise (There is almost close to no Tekken merchandise out there), while SF is over-saturated with it.

Thinking about it, it's the same thing with VF, and it's probably because their character designs are based in reality.
No offense but Tekken is not the best selling fighting gaming franchise. Street Fighter is. Therefore the mountain of licensed and unlicensed merchandise.

With that being said, I have no problem with Tekken products. My vote is "yes".
Old 10-11-2014, 03:47 PM   #7
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifterr View Post
I'm all for SNK and specifically King of Fighters myself. But that's just me preferring 2d fighters over 2.5/3D ones.

P.s I am dreaming of a Terry Bogard 1/4 kit in a dynamic Buster wolf action pose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJn1mrurXE0
You took the words out of my mouth.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:44 PM   #8
Liad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
No offense but Tekken is not the best selling fighting gaming franchise. Street Fighter is. Therefore the mountain of licensed and unlicensed merchandise.

With that being said, I have no problem with Tekken products. My vote is "yes".

What are you talking about? Tekken is the most successful franchise in the fighting game genre, i.e most copies sold:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/s...ies-sold-date/

In short:

Tekken has sold 42.5 million units total (confirmed 2013)
Street Fighter has sold 35 million copies total (confirmed 2014)

Don't confuse "most successful/best selling fighting game franchise" with "most popular fighting game franchise". Street Fighter is obviously WAY more popular because it defined the entire genre, but it doesn't change the fact that Tekken has sold more copies because it has mass appeal.

This means that there are obviously a lot of fans of Tekken around the globe, and it confuses me as to why there's no merchandise to capitalize on this. My point/problem also isn't that Tekken has less merchandise than Street Fighter - It's the gigantic difference between Street Fighter being available in anything from bubble gum to semi-trucks, and Tekken has next to no merchandise. There's a t-shirt here and there, and thanks to ecchi manga artists in TTT2, we have some bishoujo Tekken statues (which imo look ridiculous).

There _should_ be a market for Tekken merchandise, but there just isn't - for some reason.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:56 PM   #9
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I would say maybe. There are still so many Capcom characters that I want from Prototypez. From Tekken there are only a few. And that's just out of curiosity to see what Erick could do with them.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:30 PM   #10
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liad View Post
What are you talking about? Tekken is the most successful franchise in the fighting game genre, i.e most copies sold:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/s...ies-sold-date/

In short:

Tekken has sold 42.5 million units total (confirmed 2013)
Street Fighter has sold 35 million copies total (confirmed 2014)

Don't confuse "most successful/best selling fighting game franchise" with "most popular fighting game franchise". Street Fighter is obviously WAY more popular because it defined the entire genre, but it doesn't change the fact that Tekken has sold more copies because it has mass appeal.

This means that there are obviously a lot of fans of Tekken around the globe, and it confuses me as to why there's no merchandise to capitalize on this. My point/problem also isn't that Tekken has less merchandise than Street Fighter - It's the gigantic difference between Street Fighter being available in anything from bubble gum to semi-trucks, and Tekken has next to no merchandise. There's a t-shirt here and there, and thanks to ecchi manga artists in TTT2, we have some bishoujo Tekken statues (which imo look ridiculous).

There _should_ be a market for Tekken merchandise, but there just isn't - for some reason.
I call that BS. That only reflects resent consoles copies sales and not all time sales. If Tekken was as popular as you claim it to be, we will have tons of merchandise from them, but that is not the case as you can see. I grew up in the arcade era and the fighting scene. I've been around the world so believe me when I tell you that Street Fighter is 10 times more popular than Tekken. If you don't believe me, check Evo to see which games bring more players and viewers to the tournament.