Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-29-2017, 11:57 PM   #21
dechirico7
The Flash

Roberto's sculpt is also based on J Scott Campbell angles. So, I think the XM piece looks more realistic.
I like the transition they did in the hip to thigh area. Most women actually have this look over the elongated area that is on the Roberto sculpt.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 03:37 AM   #22
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
I think I do, and I still think the same. The bodice is tight, so it presses against Wanda's flesh. And as for the other 'bump' down the leg, well, she's got her leg bent higher than in Roberto's sculpt.

Like I said, it looks fine to me.
No, I don't think you understand what I'm talking about because you're still talking about her bodice being tight. You're referring to the seams of her bodice making indentation on her skin. That's not what I'm talking about. And I don't know what "bump down the leg" you are referring to.

If it looks fine to you, then good for you. But I don't like that part of the sculpt.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 04:05 AM   #23
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Also, Roberto’s sculpt has a VERY hourglass shape to the woman, Wanda isn’t sculpted that dramatcly. And this piece has multiple layers, the unitard, the leggings, and the boots. It’s not a bikini.
Same response here. With what I'm talking about, the multiple layers of clothing has no affect. Yes, the tight seams can make indentation, but again, that's not what I'm talking about. Its regardless of bikini or unitard-leggings-boots.

Now ...an hourglass figure has something to do with it. Because I am talking about her curves (or lack thereof). Even with a less dramatic sculpt tho, Wanda should still have nice curves. Right now she has more of an angular shape.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:17 AM   #24
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Roberto's sculpt is also based on J Scott Campbell angles. So, I think the XM piece looks more realistic.
I like the transition they did in the hip to thigh area. Most women actually have this look over the elongated area that is on the Roberto sculpt.
Hmmm ...I have seen several real women with angular hips like those sculpted on Wanda, but I have also seen several real women with curved hips like those sculpted by Roberto. In this case "realistic" is a relative term considering real women come in different shapes.

But for this piece, its a statue of a female superhero. Scarlet Witch no less. I think she needs nicer curves. Not overly dramatic curves ...but just nicer curves. That's all I'm saying.
Old 12-30-2017, 01:31 PM   #25
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
No, I don't think you understand what I'm talking about because you're still talking about her bodice being tight.
You're saying "the transition from her waist to her left hip to her left thigh is not smooth". The part where the bodice presses against her skin is part of that transition, and I don't mean the indentation only, so it definitely has at least something to do with what you're talking about. And by the other "bump down the leg" I obviously meant the second gentler indentation that contributes to the whole of it not being a perfect curve as you like it. And again, she's got her leg bent higher.

Quote:
If it looks fine to you, then good for you. But I don't like that part of the sculpt.
No, it's indifferent to me, as I'm not buying it anyway. And yes, you already said you don't like it. And it's perfectly OK you don't. I merely stated why the sculpt seems fine to me and not less beautiful or feminine because of it, as Demona and dechirico said.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:47 PM   #26
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

i am already confused with the full Mystique reveal, this part of a picture confuse me more.

i'll patiently wait and add nothing because it's rather negative actually as i see the point of the flying parts attached to the cape but i am not fond of that type of effect.

Edit: i dig none of the Magneto made to date from all companies and customs because of that and that's also why the Magneto on throne is the best to my eyes even if i don't own it.

The last time i found this effect good was on Iron Fist foot, which is kind of ironical in some way.
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 07:04 PM   #27
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
You're saying "the transition from her waist to her left hip to her left thigh is not smooth". The part where the bodice presses against her skin is part of that transition, and I don't mean the indentation only, so it definitely has at least something to do with what you're talking about. And by the other "bump down the leg" I obviously meant the second gentler indentation that contributes to the whole of it not being a perfect curve as you like it. And again, she's got her leg bent higher.
You're still talking about her bodice. It has nothing to do with it. Even if she wasn't wearing her bodice, she would still have an angular shape. You're starting to understand what I mean by curve, but you're still attributing it to her bodice and/or her raised leg. Doesn't matter.

Quote:
No, it's indifferent to me, as I'm not buying it anyway. And yes, you already said you don't like it. And it's perfectly OK you don't. I merely stated why the sculpt seems fine to me and not less beautiful or feminine because of it, as Demona and dechirico said.
So you say. Very well.
Old 12-31-2017, 02:18 PM   #28
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
You're still talking about her bodice. It has nothing to do with it. Even if she wasn't wearing her bodice, she would still have an angular shape. You're starting to understand what I mean by curve, but you're still attributing it to her bodice and/or her raised leg. Doesn't matter
I understand what you say ( well, i think ). This 90° angle doesn't disturb me. I find it sexy. It is obviously the curves of an heroine who practises the fitness. You would prefer the curves of an heroine who likes cake shops.
It's sexy too.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:07 PM   #29
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
You would prefer the curves of an heroine who likes cake shops.
It's sexy too.

Hey, AC, we'll agree to disagree. ;-)
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:33 PM   #30
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I understand what you say ( well, i think ). This 90° angle doesn't disturb me. I find it sexy. It is obviously the curves of an heroine who practises the fitness. You would prefer the curves of an heroine who likes cake shops.
It's sexy too.
Ha! So you're saying you like your women to look like men. Got it!