Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-22-2018, 02:06 PM   #1361
Comicbookguy
Hercules

With out the special effects this looks more normal. Love the first one. This one will be mine most likely too. We can never have too many well sculpted wonder woman’s. Harbottle and Steve Schumacher is both the best sculptors imo by far. They make it I want it!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:16 PM   #1362
htx87
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Glad to hear this is the production piece. Looks good to me. Recently been getting into the WW history in the comics and thinking of preordering this one.
htx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:29 PM   #1363
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
With the special effects this looks more normal. Love the first one. This one will be mine most likely too. We can never have too many well sculpted wonder woman’s. Harbottle and Steve Schumacher is both the best sculptors imo by far. They make it I want it!
COMICBOOKGUY!!!
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:49 PM   #1364
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
I have issues with the build quality of the first PF. But as far as sculpts go, I agree with you. If I had to choose which one better represents the character, I think the first one wins. As you say, more powerful and intimidating.

I think the original is tainted in people's minds from the QC issues, edition size, and the fact that it's over-exposed at this point because it's been on Sideshow's site for 3 years and in tons of collections for just as long.

I think the museum pose of the original worked better. The problem is that the sculpting techniques give these newer statues an edge in favor of realism.

On a side note, it also rubbed me the wrong way how all Sideshow needed was some competition to figure out how to paint more stars on her trousers.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:17 PM   #1365
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
COMICBOOKGUY!!!
Thank you! Glad to be back on my long vacation! Time to collect again!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 04:44 PM   #1366
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Production piece!

This piece was a winner from the start,
Had my heart,
Had my wallet,
Had all the keys from this old fart.

Winner chicken dinner.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:01 PM   #1367
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
The new WW PF is gorgeous and I give it a slight advantage over the OG PF. What I didn't like about the OG is the plug in parts and sloppy paint apps in some areas. Instead of using magnets to connect her various parts they used metal posts that plugged into plastic sockets. Very cheap and can become a big problem if you like to switch out pieces. The paint apps where her hand holds the spear are sloppy and her skin could've been a bit darker. She's a little on the pale side for a Greek goddess.

The sculpt on the OG PF is awesome IMO. The stance, weapons, and attitude scream Amazon warrior to me. I absolutely love her little smirk. She's basically telling her opponents to bring it, but they don't stand a chance.

The new PF has a better EX and a stunning portrait. I'm guessing it'll have magnets for swap out parts and probably a better paint job. That's what tips the scale for me in favor of the new PF. All that said, I still think the OG PF is a great looking statue.
I agree on EVERYTHING you just said about the OG WW PF. I really like the pose and the attitude that came from the sculpt but the paint job could've been so much better. I'm keeping the OG PF as part of the original Trinity but I also ordered the new WW to start a more dynamic Trinity. Unfortunately I didn't like the new Batman or Superman from SS.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:23 PM   #1368
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Those really are some voluptuous yabbos. Almost like...hey, Diana has a face?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:42 PM   #1369
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Those really are some voluptuous yabbos. Almost like...hey, Diana has a face?!
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:22 AM   #1370
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by myskye23 View Post
I agree on EVERYTHING you just said about the OG WW PF. I really like the pose and the attitude that came from the sculpt but the paint job could've been so much better. I'm keeping the OG PF as part of the original Trinity but I also ordered the new WW to start a more dynamic Trinity. Unfortunately I didn't like the new Batman or Superman from SS.
Honestly, the biggest drawback to the new WW PF is that the new Bats and Supes PFs don't hold a candle to WW. She's so much better than them. If I wanted to collect a new Trinity set, I wouldn't buy either Bats or Supes because I don't like how they turned out. That would make this gorgeous WW PF a solo act in my collection.

I think I'll just keep my OG PF because I do like the piece and she displays well with the original Trinity. This new PF is still a jaw dropping though.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote