Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 05-01-2016, 09:57 PM   #21
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Yeah... Sending them email is sort of like dice rolling. Try giving them a call. Hayley will get you sorted I'm sure.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:39 PM   #22
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
.. As for the hesitation on ordering from them... I get it. The stuff is like $500-1000, they consistently miss projected release dates, they aren't so great with returning emails and such... And a few more things.

... Arahom has been in the business a long time and the guy is prideful. Ehren and the guy is a gifted sculpted. He's not going to put his name and his art into some company that's getting ready to do something that's going to hurt his reputation.
Ehren is a major reason I give them the attention I do. I agree he would not intentionally work for a company that could be hard to trust. I also really like ARH's art direction and mentatilty. They produce manly stuff for men. I mean every company cashes in on the female form but ARH doesn't pull punches or just produce stuff licensor's have them back on for fear or ridicule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I can't argue against this. You have to have a lot of patience and be forgiving of missed release dates to be an ARH customer.
Yeah I hail from PCS so I think I understand the waiting game BUT Jerry does at least interact and give some updates.

From interactions I've read on the boards I'm not instilled with the same confidence in ARH. Sounds like too much too easily hurt feelings for a company to deal with the public.

There's just a lot about the statue business that is outside complete control of the production companies and how well that is dealt with is what defines a company's reputation.

I hate that the chalice is only available through them but it's still probably best I keep a 3rd party between us for insulation.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:19 PM   #23
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Time will tell with ARH. With each successful statue completed and delivered the confidence people have in them will build. I'd really suggest getting the stuff directly from them if you can. I've felt with 3rd party sellers a few times when the statues just were not available through ARH anymore and wished I was able to deal directly with them every time. But that's just been my experience.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote