Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 05-17-2016, 11:41 AM   #11
CJ82
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Out of the list I've only commissioned Paris Cullins and it was a good experience, but can't speak for any in-person convention experiences, never get any cons this neck of the woods.
CJ82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 10:48 PM   #12
pwimrbarnes
Justice League

ACBC 2016 was a weird con. I think they struggled to get a lot of vendors. I only saw a handful of comic vendors, and then some weird ones, like a company selling heating pads. There was a weird booth right at the center of the con selling ski masks, fake knives, and gasmasks attached to bongs, and a lot of tables for local food companies to hawk their stuff. Also, there was a laser tag area, which was just a big open space with six camouflage tents. Also, multiple celebs pulled out at the last minute, including Taryn Manning, even though she was an hour away in Philly dj'ing at a local club. Bizarre stuff.

Artists alley was pretty good though, I got in early on Friday and dropped my books off to Trevor McCarthy (Thor), Jamal Igle (Lex Luthor), and Paris Cullins (Hulk Hogan). I had also set up two pre-con pieces with Essential Sequential, one for Shawn Crystal and one for Dave Johnson. Shawn did a rad Bullseye for me, but unfortunately Dave couldn't make the show. He's going to do my piece in the next little while. Hopefully he'll show it some extra love as an at-home commission I picked up some business cards and discussed some at-home commissions, so hopefully some of the guys I missed I can still get something from. Anyways, enjoy the arts!

pwimrbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 06:12 AM   #13
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

That's an awesome thor!
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:04 AM   #14
Ghost9
U talkin' to me?

Yeah, I really like the Thor! I wonder if ACBC will be back next year after a showing like that. Too bad....
Ghost9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:18 AM   #15
pwimrbarnes
Justice League

thanks guys, I dig the Thor too. I'm hoping to set up an at home piece with Trevor, I gave him my email so hopefully he contacts me in the next little while. Really great dude, too. He took a good amount of time on it since the first day of the con was pretty slow.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:21 AM   #16
pwimrbarnes
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost9 View Post
Yeah, I really like the Thor! I wonder if ACBC will be back next year after a showing like that. Too bad....
It really was a shame, and it didn't seem to completely be their fault. On Saturday, even though some guests had cancelled, everybody I saw was having a great time. Cosplayers were stoked to be there, and kids had a ball. I think aside from the giant booth selling gas-mask bongs, it was pretty family friendly even if you didn't know any of the guests. I'd like to see them give it one more shot and start preparing a bit earlier
Old 05-23-2016, 09:27 AM   #17
whd
Suicide Squad

That Igle Luthor is my favorite of these! Congrats!
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 11:47 AM   #18
Ghost9
U talkin' to me?

I would drive down for it if they bring back a high quality show next year. I am just north of NYC, so it's probably a 3 hour drive or so.
Ghost9 is offline   Reply With Quote