Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 05-03-2016, 06:34 PM   #151
madmanny
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

It's why I am all but done with commissions
madmanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 11:06 PM   #152
Landroid
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

"Jae Lee is a master!"

Yeah, but who the ---- cares if he can't deliver?
Landroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 12:09 AM   #153
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

actually he does deliver. Unfortunately not to the people that paid for the at home pieces.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:53 AM   #154
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Two words

Re Fund

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 12:02 PM   #155
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

did the OP get his commission? OML jae lee?
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 02:01 PM   #156
rjs1162
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This is sad! I had hopes to one day get a commission from him!
rjs1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:00 PM   #157
Mfinn123
Hydra

Every person dealt directly with Jae - I was simply letting people know he was available -- he did mine and I shared with the board -- I am not the OP -- I gave everybody Jae's email and they all cut their own deal -- I am personaly very sad it is taking so long but I do know a few people have gotten them -- I don't know Jae and never met him -- he did my piece and mentioned he was interested in doing more so I let the board know....

I will write him and see what he says but I've never met him and don't know him beyond the commission he did
Mfinn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:11 PM   #158
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfinn123 View Post
Every person dealt directly with Jae - I was simply letting people know he was available -- he did mine and I shared with the board -- I am not the OP -- I gave everybody Jae's email and they all cut their own deal -- I am personaly very sad it is taking so long but I do know a few people have gotten them -- I don't know Jae and never met him -- he did my piece and mentioned he was interested in doing more so I let the board know....

I will write him and see what he says but I've never met him and don't know him beyond the commission he did

What's sad here is that you're a really good guy and a respected collector, and here is this fellow not appearing to be giving much a hoot that he essentially took advantage of your reputation and rapport with the forum to fill a commission list. It's not cool. I imagine you had every reason to hope, if not believe, that this would go well, otherwise, you never would have considered directing collectors his way. While you're in no way responsible for how an artist behaves, it still sucks having even the slightest of degrees of separation between yourself and an artist who has clearly disappointed a group of paying fans.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 11:16 PM   #159
Mfinn123
Hydra

I just heard from Jae -- he acknowledged that the wait you've all had has been unfair; he said he hoped to have the commissions all done by the end of June and that he had offered refunds to those who didn't want to wait and that several folks had chosen that route and had received refunds.

So, if anyone wants a refund, Jae will provide it. For those who want to wait, his hope and intention is by the end of June.

While I'm sure that this will not make many of your happy, at least there is the guarantee of getting your money back for those who choose that. For those willing to wait, hopefully it really will be in June.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:18 PM   #160
Mfinn123
Hydra

To Rising Star: Yes, I was simply trying to let folks know that a stellar artist was taking commissions. I gave his email to anyone that wanted it and each person did their own deal directly with the artist. I assumed it would go well and I feel badly for those who are waiting.

Per my note above, Jae will refund anyone who wants their money back so nobody will have lost money.