Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 04-20-2016, 08:53 PM   #21
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
Supposedly, if you bought the statue, you got the first three comics of the series for free. They send the first vamp queen comic out with the statue. Arhian was not out when that statue shipped, though mine did come with a cool little mini poster.

Instead of buying off eBay though, try and order them from your local comic shop. ARH made a request for that from their customers to get the word out.
I prefer to order online, also i'm not really a huge comic collector i prefer trades. I may purchase a arhian 1-2 just to get a general sense of what the story is about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorglub View Post
Well, it looks like you work for ARH. Honestly I have no interest in their comics.
I'm quite sure he does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
You aren't the first person to suspect that.
I thought that it was averone as mentioned earlier in another thread.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 10:53 AM   #22
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

One of these days I'm going to get off my ass and do a statue review for YouTube... Then people will get to see me and it might dispel the myth that I'm one of the ARH crew �� I just need my son to show me how to set up a YouTube account to post my stuff on! Or failing that you might be able to bump into me at the NYCC this year!
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:13 PM   #23
The13thWarlock

So I just read Queen of Vampire #4. Every time I read an issue of this comic, I'm always wishing that she was more bad ass and vicious and mean. She can definitely be a ----- and kills people and vampires without a lot of remorse... but I don't know. She just doesn't seem like the character in the statues. She has these school girl moments where I wonder how she has held on to power for so long. I wish they would have taken more time to introduce her as a ruthless killer vampire queen and spend more time introducing and developing the vampire leaders in her court. Who knows, there are still 3 issues to go. Maybe things will do a 180 and she will more and more evil by the end of the series.

Art's great. Hats off to Lagouvardos for the fine work in illustrating the comic. The close ups and expressions he does are awesome. Would have liked to see more of the mature content of the statue find its way into the comic though.

Also maybe a page or two of Queen of Vampire art at the end... that would be cool.

Anyway, my 2 cents. What do you all think?

If you haven't read the comics, they are available for digital download on their site for $4 each. Download a couple. It's worth that just to support the ARH comic initiative!
Old 05-05-2016, 12:06 AM   #24
SAB380
The X-Men

I think I'll buy a couple to see what they're like.
As a writer myself and long time comic fan I'm sort of suspicious of the idea but I like ARH and think it's a unique way to build interest in their statues.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 10:32 AM   #25
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
I think I'll buy a couple to see what they're like.
As a writer myself and long time comic fan I'm sort of suspicious of the idea but I like ARH and think it's a unique way to build interest in their statues.
Good! I'll have someone to talk to about them!!!
Old 05-16-2016, 08:24 PM   #26
The13thWarlock

I got Arkhalla 1-3 at my local comic book store today, they had to order it for me. I already knew the story from digital download, just wanted a hard copy too.

Arahom asked a while ago if people could order these from their local comic shops so I'm just posting this as a reminder. If you like the statues, spend a few bucks and hit up your local comic shop and have them order a few issues for you.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:17 AM   #27
SAB380
The X-Men

I haven't bought single issues for at least 10yrs.

They need to get these up on comixology ASAP.
Their website doesn't allow me to throw them all in the cart and bulk purchase.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 05:28 AM   #28
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
I haven't bought single issues for at least 10yrs.

They need to get these up on comixology ASAP.
Their website doesn't allow me to throw them all in the cart and bulk purchase.
I agree. I got some stuff on comixology and its convient to buy and read.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:47 PM   #29
Ravishing
Fantastic Four
Adamantium Plus Member

Did you guys see Sideshow doing the same thing, They got a whole bunch of comics based off Court of Dead lines.
Ravishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:04 PM   #30
The13thWarlock

That's not a surprise. I'm really not up for buying from another company, but the Court of the Dead stuff is very nice. It looks like a lot of the stuff is able to be displayed in various stages of undress as well so that's another plus.

I'm curious if ARH will keep going mainstream with their comic line or if they will move toward more adult content as other statue companies move into the comic realm and establish themselves. They make adult statues... Why not adult comics. It would certainly give them more appeal to some of their existing clients.