Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 05-19-2016, 05:38 PM   #31
jmsmith3388
The Avengers

They really need to just pay a web developer to fix their website. These days you can get a good price and it will be better than what they have and fully functioning. I have to make payments through email Invoices because their website will not process any payments I attempt.
jmsmith3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 05:58 PM   #32
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsmith3388 View Post
They really need to just pay a web developer to fix their website. These days you can get a good price and it will be better than what they have and fully functioning. I have to make payments through email Invoices because their website will not process any payments I attempt.
Stop buying their comics online and buy them from your local comic store....
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 06:43 PM   #33
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
That's not a surprise. I'm really not up for buying from another company, but the Court of the Dead stuff is very nice. It looks like a lot of the stuff is able to be displayed in various stages of undress as well so that's another plus.

I'm curious if ARH will keep going mainstream with their comic line or if they will move toward more adult content as other statue companies move into the comic realm and establish themselves. They make adult statues... Why not adult comics. It would certainly give them more appeal to some of their existing clients.
Agreed.
Artesia is a great adult R+ fantasy comic with a female lead. I had thought ARH would go more that route with the comics.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 07:54 PM   #34
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Agreed.
Artesia is a great adult R+ fantasy comic with a female lead. I had thought ARH would go more that route with the comics.
I think that Arkallah is there more risqué comic, that's geared toward the average ARH customers tastes. I sort of feel like they are holding back on Arhian so that she might one day go "mainstream" comic. Plus I guess if you have a comic with a lot of nudity and sexual content you probably get frowned on at comic book inventions where people are running around trying to meet the flash and the last person killed on the walking dead.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:19 AM   #35
The13thWarlock

I kicked this up to the top since people have been posting about the ARH Kickstarter program...
Old 06-30-2016, 01:18 AM   #36
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

ARH Comic Line... What do you think?

hmm ok since you asked..

- End all comic lines with a fast exit strategy ASAP
- Improve customer service and listen to your customers who been buying your statues for years. How hard can it be to complete a line you started?
- Stop making promises you don't keep regarding EX and packaging.
- Better packaging including proper numbering on statues with the correct ES and color boxes.
- Try to get the statues made faster so we don't wait 3 years for a statue.
- No double standards for your US and International buyers
- FIX the damn website so it works correctly once and for all!

Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:57 AM   #37
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post

hmm ok since you asked..

- Improve customer service and listen to your customers who been buying your statues for years. How hard can it be to complete a line you started?
- Stop making promises you don't keep regarding EX and packaging.
- Better packaging including proper numbering on statues with the correct ES and color boxes.
- Try to get the statues made faster so we don't wait 3 years for a statue.
- No double standards for your US and International buyers

I agree. Can you elaborate on this: No double standards for your US and International buyers
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 02:10 AM   #38
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel54 View Post
I agree. Can you elaborate on this: No double standards for your US and International buyers
International buyers pay return costs for their statues to be repaired if they are damaged..But the US buyers get it all done for free and don't pay anything..and they also get free comics and signed bases and stuff like that..
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:51 AM   #39
The13thWarlock

I am curious to know the number of international buyers and the percentage of those customers that are satisfied with ARH. I get that the packing is a big deal when you are paying hundreds of dollars in shipping and have to pay hundreds to send it back. I wonder what the percentage on statues arriving broken are to international customers.

The easy fix would be for ARH to just stop selling to customers outside the USA and let them go through third party retailers. Then they could bear the headaches, but that would be like taking a step backward for the company. It looks like molded styfofoam, for cost reasons, isn't one of the solutions either, and even if it was, there's no significant increase in breakage resistance.

I really believe the people who should be eating the costs of all of this are the only ones not getting blamed, the shipping company. If I pay Fed Ex $50 to get a statue to me and it comes broke, it's much more likely that it arrived broke because the apes loading the truck threw the box around and much less likely because it left ARH broke. And that goes twice as much for a statue being shipped across the sea. If a shipping company delivers something broke, they not only should pay the return shipping, but the shipping to get it back to you and honestly, they should compensate ARH for the time and material it takes to fix the broke statue and they should also compensate the buyer as they now have a repaired statue vs a flawless one.

Now that's pointing a finger at the party responsible and it makes a lot more sense than having ARH assume shipping costs. If you look at from their end, if shipping cost $200 on a returned statue and they paid another $200 to send it back after repairs then a $600 statue would only have generated $200. I'm sure that would be a pretty heavy loss for them to eat, considering the damage was most likely caused by the shipping company.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:57 AM   #40
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post

hmm ok since you asked..

I couldn't disagree more with you. The statues featured in the ARH comics are the future. Nothing is going to breath life into them more than a comic/graphic novel. Arkhalla and Arhian statues are twice as cool now that they have stories behind them.