Jesse321
Galactus

Hi Gloss Enamel Black.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #32
Alfred_&_Bimba
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

FOR JESSE321

what is the lifetime of your colors if unused? do i need to threat them with anything?

what are the brands and materials you use to get full best and smooth chrome fx?

Do you ship to Italy? if yes, as company or as private person?

thanx again...I thing I am very interested i your products
Alfred_&_Bimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:21 PM   #33
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami View Post
i do have another question for you guys. i am going to use alclad chrome, on which base coat should i use it to achive best chrome look. as i can see there are some favorites: tamiya gloss black, humbrol gloss black, testor mm gloss black. people do not recommend alclad black base coat.
I use Duplicolor Gloss white for all my alcad chrome. I like the white as a base cause it seems to be a brighter chrome look then a black base.

But in theory any High gloss smooth paint will work with alclad chrome paint. I plan on testing on a item a gloss yellow paint with alclad once i finish the custom. I want to see what happens when a yellow is on the base since the character will be gold anyway.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #34
shinigami
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
I use Duplicolor Gloss white for all my alcad chrome. I like the white as a base cause it seems to be a brighter chrome look then a black base.

But in theory any High gloss smooth paint will work with alclad chrome paint. I plan on testing on a item a gloss yellow paint with alclad once i finish the custom. I want to see what happens when a yellow is on the base since the character will be gold anyway.
it would be awesome if you let me know the outcome. i'll use alclad hot metal red and pale gold on alclad chrome. i guess i should test chrome on duplicolor and gloss black enamel first to see which one is better.

ps: i've sent you a pm, i'd really appreciate if you can help me with my current repaint.
shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:18 AM   #35
Alfred_&_Bimba
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami View Post
it would be awesome if you let me know the outcome. i'll use alclad hot metal red and pale gold on alclad chrome. i guess i should test chrome on duplicolor and gloss black enamel first to see which one is better.

ps: i've sent you a pm, i'd really appreciate if you can help me with my current repaint.
Is this hrome paint appliead by airbrush or spray can??
Alfred_&_Bimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:30 AM   #36
shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred_&_Bimba View Post
it is an airbrush ready paint, you do not need to thin it too.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:18 AM   #37
shinigami

but i must say chrome via alclad then clear coat etc. sounds a little bit tricky maybe i'll try car paint to achive metallic look i am really intimidated by what i read about alclad.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:50 AM   #38
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
FOR JESSE321

what is the lifetime of your colors if unused? do i need to threat them with anything?

According to Life Tones the paints have a shelf life of up to 7 years as long as they're kept indoors in a cool place, they will probably last even longer than that, but they haven't been tested beyond that point ... so I can't say that officially.

Note: the longer an opaque paint sits the more the pigments will settle to the bottom. Should that become the case, you can use a large pair of pliers (I've actually used my teeth) to GENTLY squeeze the bottom of the bottle to dislodge the pigments and then shake vigorously for several minutes ... this will remix the pigments again.

what are the brands and materials you use to get full best and smooth chrome fx?

Krylon or Duplicolor High Enamel Black or White (depending on the effect I'm going for) and Alclad

Do you ship to Italy? if yes, as company or as private person?

I've already shipped to a client in Italy, so yes ... the paints are shipped through Garage Kits.US a company incorporated in the US.

thanx again...I thing I am very interested i your products
Hope that answers your questions.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #39
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
John I would really be interested in finding out how that works out ... take notes so you can do an article for Garage Kits, you slacker!

Old 11-12-2011, 09:55 AM   #40
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Airbrush ...

If at all possible, I keep one airbrush SPECIFICALLY for use only with Alclad and enamels ... I realize depending on everyone's budgets that's not always possible, but it's something to think about ... the more you get into this hobby.