Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 04-19-2013, 11:09 PM   #31
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1984 View Post
Ah, the forumtroll sticks her ginger head in the ARH section once again... the sculpt is great, you can't deny that. It does look like a female character from WoW but an action figure? I don't think so.
Spoken like a true douchebag.

Let's break down how, first you are demeaning by referring to a fellow member here as "the forumtroll" - it would have been respectful to say something like, "hello DeChirico, it is nice to talk with you again"

You see, you can disagree with someone and still be respectful and even pleasant.

then you use the word "stick" as if this thread is somehow forbidden to Dechirico to even view. But you then remember that Dechirico, a female, is red haired, and so you see an opportunity to be even more disrespectful to this forum member by labeling her hair "her ginger" which I think is considered to be derogatory to red haired people, and then you still aren't done, you mention her head "sticks her ginger head" -

There's a reason why people say things, yours obviously was to be disrespectful to Dechirico.

So i do think the evidence is clear that you have spoken disrespectfully about forum member, Dechirico. Quite frankly your comments simply because she said something "reminds her of WOW action figures" are a kind of unprovoked crude personal attack, if everyone treated each other here like you treated her, this place, Statueforum, would be a very unpleasant one to visit. I don't think you really want to be that way, do you? Someone who picks fights because someone makes a small comment about a statue?
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #32
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
exactly

Looks like I am not the only one that thinks it looks similar to other character designs. I am always going to bash ARH, get used to it. They are a horrible company that makes promises to customers and then doesnt keep them. Hey, if you wamt to support that, go ahead. You new people can come on here and bash me all you want, but us seasoned members that were here early and supported ARH in the early years know better now. Have fun.

exactly!

I was waiting for you to make a delightful response. I really dont know why I come in here anymore, it isn't like any one else does. Just the two of you. I guess I just like to see new sculpts, no matter what company it is. I also like the guy that sculpts for ARH. IMO, he is way too good for them.
Are you speaking of Pereira? He is very talented.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:34 PM   #33
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Looks nice but I think the staff could be better. Rather bland
How dare you! How dare you! Speaking in a somewhat negative way about this statue is forbidden!!! You sir, may now leave this thread!
Old 04-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #34
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I think it was actually a compliment. The WoW action figures done by DC Direct were absolutely amazing figures!
Agreed, I don't think saying anything reminds someone of an action figure is inherently negative, because these days the action figure sculpting looks better and better, like miniature statues.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:59 PM   #35
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
exactly

Looks like I am not the only one that thinks it looks similar to other character designs. I am always going to bash ARH, get used to it. They are a horrible company that makes promises to customers and then doesnt keep them. Hey, if you wamt to support that, go ahead. You new people can come on here and bash me all you want, but us seasoned members that were here early and supported ARH in the early years know better now. Have fun.

exactly!

I was waiting for you to make a delightful response. I really dont know why I come in here anymore, it isn't like any one else does. Just the two of you. I guess I just like to see new sculpts, no matter what company it is. I also like the guy that sculpts for ARH. IMO, he is way too good for them.
There are always going to be things about companies we like, and don't like. Dechirico, I don't think you are purposely trying to find negative things to say about ARH just for the sake of saying negative things. We treat Sideshow the same way, DC direct, Koto, Gentle Giant, etc. We call them out on things we don't like, and praise them for things we like.

What I personally don't like is when certain people decide that nobody is allowed to voice their opinions about something if it is in disagreement with their own purely favorable opinions. We sometimes call that "Fanboyism" and from a collector/ buyer's perspective it is unfair to always give a free pass to a company and not identify where their flaws are.

In the case of this statue, I think we both agree the staff/skull just isn't to our liking. Maybe someone else will think it really works. To each his or her own.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:55 AM   #36
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Are you speaking of Pereira? He is very talented.
Thanks JC, and yes I did mean Mr. Pereira.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:40 AM   #37
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Spoken like a true douchebag.

Let's break down how, first you are demeaning by referring to a fellow member here as "the forumtroll" - it would have been respectful to say something like, "hello DeChirico, it is nice to talk with you again"

You see, you can disagree with someone and still be respectful and even pleasant.

then you use the word "stick" as if this thread is somehow forbidden to Dechirico to even view. But you then remember that Dechirico, a female, is red haired, and so you see an opportunity to be even more disrespectful to this forum member by labeling her hair "her ginger" which I think is considered to be derogatory to red haired people, and then you still aren't done, you mention her head "sticks her ginger head" -

There's a reason why people say things, yours obviously was to be disrespectful to Dechirico.

So i do think the evidence is clear that you have spoken disrespectfully about forum member, Dechirico. Quite frankly your comments simply because she said something "reminds her of WOW action figures" are a kind of unprovoked crude personal attack, if everyone treated each other here like you treated her, this place, Statueforum, would be a very unpleasant one to visit. I don't think you really want to be that way, do you? Someone who picks fights because someone makes a small comment about a statue?

Quote:
Agreed, I don't think saying anything reminds someone of an action figure is inherently negative, because these days the action figure sculpting looks better and better, like miniature statues.
I've started ordering action figures again mainly because of the Neca 1/4 Predators and a few others. So many action figures are great sculpts.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:05 AM   #38
johnclone
The Enchantress

weren't Neca or Hot Toys going to make a Prometheus Engineer 18"? I'd be psyched for one if they did.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #39
Nitefall

Quote:
weren't Neca or Hot Toys going to make a Prometheus Engineer 18"? I'd be psyched for one if they did.
I haven't heard about that but I would be very interested also. Neca has their Engineer but it is only about 8 and 1/2 inches from Series 1. Hot Toys has what looks to be a 12 inch Engineer suit in a picture circulating but it is not very clear. I feel Neca will probably do an 18 inch sometime, considering what they are producing with the Predators.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #40
Nitefall

I think I just derailed this thread. Arahom should come back and throw some whipped cream pies in my face.

Just love whipped cream, chocolate and all the bad stuff.