Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #21
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Zatanna should be in the works. I truly hope to see Batwoman as well.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:15 PM   #22
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I hate the base. Reminds me a lot like the Jean Grey figure. They should get rid of the plain and it will look better.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #23
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Speaking of the plane, it reminds me of the WW TV series back in the 70's. Since the plane is suppose to be invisible, I think it may end up looking like clear resin.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #24
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I hate the base. Reminds me a lot like the Jean Grey figure. They should get rid of the plain and it will look better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Oh give me a freaking break. I just bought the original one.
well just keep both right? We can never have enough WW! If they make a third one next year or for sdcc next year. I will not be happy with so many that has not been made yet. I want a cheetah, big barda, domino, enchantress, she hulk, etc!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #25
demonhunter
Kingpin

I am elated. I think the faces have gotten better and better with subsequent releases of the Bishojou figures. The latest X-Force Psylocke face looks better IMO.

But as Kicksplode said,it's very much a business decision. If the character is a guaranteed sell, they would make it. If the character has a low chance of selling(smaller fan base, lesser known)....they'd go with the more popular one to be made into statues.

Companies are paying top dollars to make these characters into collectible merchandise, the project manager has to make sure it's a great ROI, so that he can deliver great results and have another chance at continuing with project Bishojou.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #26
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_Siryn View Post
Zatanna should be in the works. I truly hope to see Batwoman as well.
I'd love to see Batwoman. She's probably my favorite DC character right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post
I am elated. I think the faces have gotten better and better with subsequent releases of the Bishojou figures. The latest X-Force Psylocke face looks better IMO.

But as Kicksplode said,it's very much a business decision. If the character is a guaranteed sell, they would make it. If the character has a low chance of selling(smaller fan base, lesser known)....they'd go with the more popular one to be made into statues.

Companies are paying top dollars to make these characters into collectible merchandise, the project manager has to make sure it's a great ROI, so that he can deliver great results and have another chance at continuing with project Bishojou.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #27
Ayato1381
A day without sunshine is like... night.

At least based on the artwork, I personally think it is pretty cool. As far as buying and all that...the original one is great was the first bishoujo statue I got, so I'll pass judgment on the finished statue when those images arrive. But as a piece of Shunya art for a upcoming statue, it much like Chun Li and Black Canary, are pretty cool. Now to wait for the statues.

Last edited by Ayato1381; 07-13-2013 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Spelling
Ayato1381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #28
ChrisMmmm
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I wouldn't mind a Sally Jupiter / Silk Spectre I or Lori Jupiter / Silk Spectre II
ChrisMmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:41 PM   #29
dccowen
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I showed this to my wife, She liked it, so I'll get it for her. I'll pick up the original for my collection.
dccowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #30
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post

Or most of the fans of the Bishoujo line skip on this wonder woman because they already have the 1st one and they end up not selling that many....

To me her face looks very similar to the first one.... I just don't see it as being that big of an update. Now if they did her with her new 52 outfit then I would be tempted to buy it...

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote