Old 05-12-2014, 08:14 PM   #51
Y3E
Gen 13

Holy cr@p! This is beautiful!
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:26 AM   #52
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I'm thinking really hard about this one. It looks amazing.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:04 AM   #53
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Asian she is but from what part of Asia?

She does look Asian, but considering that Asia is a huge continent, what part of Asia does she seem to come from?

IMO, when I look at this statue, it tells a story. (I know there is a story to this character, but this is only my interpretation of her)....
"Her parents have cross paths on two countries that is divided. Her father is of the Theravada way while her mother is of the Sanatana-Dharma way". I would call it, "A crossing of two divides but now walks as one"

This beauty is a blend of both, which makes her look so exotic.

I know she should have the look of the Orient then a cross of two types of peoples, but I love this look myself.

I placed my order on this one, even though I'm not one for big statues, but from some reason this one wheeled me in due to her looks.
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:45 PM   #54
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Thumbs up Luna

I received my statue yesterday and she is gorgeous, but I didn't expect to see some of her made out of PVC. Certain parts of her clothing, hair and base are made out of it. She does come in pieces, making shipping her much safer, with less breakage. Her arms are held up with magnets.

You can also see her face with some white to it especially at a distance.

The paint application is great! She look just like the picture with a white tint to her face, making her very exotic looking.

I'm truly happy with my purchase. She is the first of this size from Yamato company for me. She is 158 of 600.
Sorry for not posting any picture.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:54 PM   #55
Vallos
Jubilee

Thanks for the review, Omigeo. Yamato's mixed material application is a common occurrences through out the resin versions. I personally don't mind it, so long as it flows well with the overall design. Yamato is good at this so I have always welcomed the choice of materials. I'm waiting for the exclusive edition which they told me is still in production. Will you be able to post photos of your statue?
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:47 PM   #56
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
Thanks for the review, Omigeo. Yamato's mixed material application is a common occurrences through out the resin versions. I personally don't mind it, so long as it flows well with the overall design. Yamato is good at this so I have always welcomed the choice of materials. I'm waiting for the exclusive edition which they told me is still in production. Will you be able to post photos of your statue?
Hi Vallos, and sorry for the delay response

Hope the exclusive comes out soon
Old 06-12-2014, 06:54 AM   #57
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Just for laughs

I know this has nothing to do with this forum, but I thought I would send the link below for laughs. A co-worker had sent me this link. It is hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGKOcuANNQo

Old 06-12-2014, 10:19 AM   #58
Vallos
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
Hi Vallos, and sorry for the delay response

I have posted a video of her. Not the greatest but at least you can see. I'm not very good with this whole video stuff on you tube. This was done all on my Ipod LOL...The link to youtube is below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pofK...ature=youtu.be
Wow... she looks fantastic. I'm even more excited to get my exclusive. Thank you for posting the video. It's much appreciated. The only thing I'm questioning, as it was immediately noticeable, is the slight change in skin tone between her face and body. Her face seems to be lighter, as if she is donned in Kabuki face paint. Can you confirm this?
Old 06-12-2014, 10:22 AM   #59
Vallos
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
I know this has nothing to do with this forum, but I thought I would send the link below for laughs. A co-worker had sent me this link. It is hilarious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGKOcuANNQo

That was well done. Thanks for sharing, but it would be better served to be posted in this forum: http://www.statueforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13
Old 06-12-2014, 07:06 PM   #60
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Kabuki face paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
Wow... she looks fantastic. I'm even more excited to get my exclusive. Thank you for posting the video. It's much appreciated. The only thing I'm questioning, as it was immediately noticeable, is the slight change in skin tone between her face and body. Her face seems to be lighter, as if she is donned in Kabuki face paint. Can you confirm this?
That is correct, she is donned in Kabuki white tint face paint.