Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-12-2014, 06:41 AM   #41
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Wow wonderfull statue,just too expensive for me as my money is tied to other statues and soon to be pre-orders. Maybe down the line if price don't go too crazy.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:04 AM   #42
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Stop it Rhy...you're getting me all worked up waiting for mine to arrive!!!
You're going to love it...No AP's yet? hopefully, you'll be one of the chosen few to get an AP
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:47 AM   #43
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
I think someone posted a message by SecretCompass in which they said that shipping would have been lowered, anybody can find that message?
As requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
Here is what Secretcompass is offering.

Greetings XM enthusiasts!. After some initial confusion regarding XM's first piece shipping (Captain America) regarding dropshipping, exchange rates, ect. we have a no hassle solution to getting these pieces delivered to our customers. Hulk, Black Widow, and Iron Man Mark XLII are listed at $769.95 + shipping and the shipping will be calculated as though the item was leaving our shop in Colorado, which will be around $30 - $40 to most US addresses and around $100-$140 to most international addresses. Please keep in mind the figures will still dropship from Singapore and will still cost Secret Compass $200-$300 to do so but we will absorb the added costs of shipping into what we make on each statue. This is a significant loss of revenue for us but we aim to earn your continued business and bring on NEW business in the global market for XM figures. In addition, we do guarantee everything we sell against damages/defects/loss/theft at no extra cost to any customer. We look forward to doing business with you.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:57 AM   #44
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
If anyone hasn't been convinced how awesome this Captain America statue is....check out Averone's video he put yesterday!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2vCJdc2lc24

Also, if you kind of want to see what an early drawing of Phoenix / Jean Gray (green costume version I think) is going to look like, look in the background on the poster. You can see the Ant-Man next to it....so this leads me to believe the pose is going to be in that roundabout area. Now I could be wrong...and this might be Ms. Marvel, but the drawing of Ms. Marvel looked different. Time will tell.

loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:01 AM   #45
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Got both of these in the mail today so figured why not put them together =)

actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:34 AM   #46
acme1982
U talkin' to me?

Good pics AJ!
acme1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:41 AM   #47
Rainy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post

Nice pictures
In your opinion which one better XM Cap or the 1st PF Cap from SS? also what is the shipping weight?
Thanks
Rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:44 AM   #48
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Honestly, these guys are the company to watch when it comes to Marvel statues right now. They just seem to go from strength to strength. And while they're definitely a bit costly, the amount of value they add to each release goes a long way to try and make up for it.

I'm not a hardcore enough Marvel Universe fan to go in on most of these myself, but they are very impressive. If/When they eventually get around to Punisher though, then I'll definitely be paying attention...
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:14 PM   #49
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post

These pictures really show you the difference between mix media and sculpted...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #50
rome_325
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

This came out better than I expected! Packaging is top notch. Glad I don't have to mess with packaging tape. The box itself is really sturdy along with the foam. No artwork on the box itself though.

The statue itself has some pretty good weight particularly the base. I don't remember the last time a received a solid piece... maybe the Skaar PF.
The details on the base are great.

Sculpt and paint application is superb. I really dig the pose on this piece. The scale and proportions looks spot on. I didn't notice any paint runs or smudges at all. But then again, I didn't go through it magnifying glass when I did my inspection.

Switch out parts are awesome. So many display options. Only wished they could have included an alternate portrait to display

Overall i'm very happy that I pulled the trigger on this guy. Price is steep compared to SS but then again, it looks like the QC on XM trumps SS. ES of 500 vs thousands wins out every time. I'm giving this a 9/10. XM has found a new customer in me. Too bad they're license restricts them selling directly to US customers. I may not be getting every statue they produce but I'll be keeping a close eye on them.

Now on to the pics....

rome_325 is offline   Reply With Quote