Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 11-25-2014, 05:21 PM   #521
Lawnknome
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

OMG, just got home and nerdgasmed over my new Cap statue. I want to thank Kayorzz for being the awesome guy he is when it comes to us here at SF.

This statue is amazing. I was on the edge if I would continue my Avengers line, there is no doubt now. XM does amazing work second to none.

I will post pics later!
Lawnknome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 05:48 PM   #522
acme1982
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
First time posting, but I have been reading the boards since the Summer. I'm relatively new to collecting statues. I've seemed to have gravitated towards the 1/4 size pieces, which I fear will present a spacing issue in my future. Regardless, I've become infatuated with XM pieces. I've pre-ordered both, Hawkeye and Wolverine. And today, I received a most excellent package in the mail.

The XM Studios Captain America statue.

I was late to the party on the statue, but I finally found an overseas re-seller after much time scouring the net. It's funny to think that I feel as though I got a bargain paying "only" $900, which included shipping.

Captain America is in my top five comic book heroes along with Superman, Wolverine, Batman, and Cyborg (yep, Cyborg. I was a huge fan of the Wolfman/Perez run on "The New Teen Titans").

Back to the Cap statue. As many have observed, the XM packaging is ridicously excellent. I have three Sideshow pieces that I totally love, but the packaging used for those were no where comparable to XM packaging. So, just observing the XM packaging had me giddy with anticipation. Then came the statue.

Wow! I realized that I was just "dipping my toes" in the water when viewing the statue's images on this forum and elsewhere. To have it physically in front of me was/is awesome.

I love the pose. The sculpt is killer. The switch out options with the flag and shields are great (but where the heck am I going to store the ones not being displayed). The heft. The paint job.

I'll be staring at this one for a while.
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your statue .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnknome View Post
OMG, just got home and nerdgasmed over my new Cap statue. I want to thank Kayorzz for being the awesome guy he is when it comes to us here at SF.

This statue is amazing. I was on the edge if I would continue my Avengers line, there is no doubt now. XM does amazing work second to none.

I will post pics later!
Congrats Lawnknome.
acme1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:49 PM   #523
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Congrats Lawnknome!
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 04:51 AM   #524
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawnknome View Post

I will post pics later!
congrates!! no one complain to this piece lol
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 05:48 PM   #525
Mister Ski
The Avengers

I received the pointing finger from apetina this week. He did a great job with it and I couldn't be happier with it. It is going to look great with the yelling portrait that Tavegg is overseeing. :rock

Many thanks apetina! :bow

Here are a couple pics...

Avengers Assemble! (ok, well maybe just Hulk for now)
Mister Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 10:43 AM   #526
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Welcome Captain America!

I received today my XM Cap No. 382/500 from Mark aka Mr, Busy, friendly joke.

Ok short story. I received the Cap first time end of october and the left shield with body was not ok. I take good pics and send it to Mark, he to XM / Ben and a day later i get the answer with no problem you get a replacement. I´m not a person who screams on any forum, so i wait. XM have nothing extra, so they produce every replacement new. Just before the replacement goes out to me i must destroy the shield and body. Now everything looks good. I love my cap from the sculpt, the colors and the parts. Very nice piece! I show it up with the pointing hand from Miguel / Spain, and no it is sold out. Again respect for the fast communication with Mark and Ben over Mail / Facebbook, great guys.

Now im waiting for Hawkeye, Wolverine, Thanos and Thor, all in PO.

Do you think this cap looks better with Tavegg and Kennys screaning custom head? We will see it in january.

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 08:17 AM   #527
Vru
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I Need it... Please PM me if anyone has it in stock
Vru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 12:43 PM   #528
acme1982
U talkin' to me?

Congrats grumpy! Is awesome with this pointing hand!
acme1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 04:00 PM   #529
SurlyJ
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Damn... my Cap replacement body and shield are stuck on "clearance delay" at fedex. Seems there was some missing info on the customs forms. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to sort out.
SurlyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #530
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Congrats mate, but let's please remember to keep any customs to the 'Customs Section'

Thanks
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote