Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-08-2015, 05:50 PM   #191
Thor57
Teen Titans

They will all be hard and pricey to get.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:26 PM   #192
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
do you guys think Mysterio will be hard to get? I'd rather not use my resources to get this if I don't need to. It doesn't seem like there is a lot of demand for him compared to other Spidey Rogues.

I'm not sure, in my opinion he's the second best right after Venom.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:56 PM   #193
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Exclamation

I may actually get this. I've never bought an xm and my first may be Mysterio.

For me this character may not be the coolest or have exceptional powers. He even looks really weird and doesn't seem to fit in anymore.

But it def reminds me of when I was younger. As a kid I loved those old costumes. The quirkyness of them that made them so crazy. Mysterio was kind of the epitome of that. Big globe head with weird eyes on his shoulders and forest green tights surrounded by smoke. That's totally what it was about for me back then.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:58 PM   #194
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Spidey villains + 999ES cap means they will all be hard to get and gain value. Sideshow won't probably make some of these for years, if ever.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:18 PM   #195
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Spidey villains + 999ES cap means they will all be hard to get and gain value. Sideshow won't probably make some of these for years, if ever.
All depends if SS, GG, or others will make one. If not then yes up it will go. Once we get more then prices will go way down with more choices. Not all but most will. So far XM has done characters SS won't make so the excitement is here with XM. But SS can match XM if they have top sculptors like Steve Schmacher, Mark Newman, Tim Miller, and Will Harbottle. Then make the base full of details like the new Red Sonja, and then put special effects like the bubble head, wolverines metal claws, the phoenix bird clear resin effects, etc... Then use solid packaging to prevent breakage and throw in a pic of how things goes back in the bo and add back a art print for every statue. Oh and get the best factories for xm QC. So if SS wants it done right let's start the statue wars! Who knows someday we can be youtubing the SS expierence
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:32 PM   #196
Restinpieces
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
All depends if SS, GG, or others will make one. If not then yes up it will go. Once we get more then prices will go way down with more choices. Not all but most will. So far XM has done characters SS won't make so the excitement is here with XM. But SS can match XM if they have top sculptors like Steve Schmacher, Mark Newman, Tim Miller, and Will Harbottle. Then make the base full of details like the new Red Sonja, and then put special effects like the bubble head, wolverines metal claws, the phoenix bird clear resin effects, etc... Then use solid packaging to prevent breakage and throw in a pic of how things goes back in the bo and add back a art print for every statue. Oh and get the best factories for xm QC. So if SS wants it done right let's start the statue wars! Who knows someday we can be youtubing the SS expierence
Uh what?

Multiple Iron Man statues, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Hulk, Wolverine, Venom, Boba Fett, etc.
Restinpieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:38 PM   #197
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Electro, Kraven, Sandman, Black Bolt, Medusa....lol
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:02 AM   #198
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restinpieces View Post
Uh what?

Multiple Iron Man statues, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Hulk, Wolverine, Venom, Boba Fett, etc.
It's weird to say, but CBG is right.
It was clear since beginning that XM has been targeting characters that Sideshow always overlooked in 1:4 scale, or re-making characters that in PF form now cost a lot in the secondary market. Sure there are the usual names thrown in but that was pretty much a given, but XM has been doing a ton of characters that were always in demand and Sideshow never made... plus another ton of characters that Disney canned (duh).
Old 09-09-2015, 09:12 AM   #199
AlbertR213
Sailor Moon

Should I be looking out for pigs on the wing today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
It's weird to say, but CBG is right.
It was clear since beginning that XM has been targeting characters that Sideshow always overlooked in 1:4 scale, or re-making characters that in PF form now cost a lot in the secondary market. Sure there are the usual names thrown in but that was pretty much a given, but XM has been doing a ton of characters that were always in demand and Sideshow never made... plus another ton of characters that Disney canned (duh).
AlbertR213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:20 AM   #200
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

...the seal! IT'S BEEN BROKEN! THE END IS NIGH!