Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-26-2016, 01:50 PM   #31
Wah
Shadowhawk

so the eva's are first up i see. actually thought they would do the pilots first, guess not. i don't mind the rebuild redesigns. anxious to see more.
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:35 PM   #32
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I'm disappointed it is the Rebuild license, but it is certainly better than nothing. I much prefer the original designs.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:58 PM   #33
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Geez, what a letdown! As excited as I was for this announcement, I'm equally depressed now. I'll wait for the full reveal, but I don't think I'd be willing to spend the money required for a large statue of an inferior design.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:05 PM   #34
Nextlevel99
Birdman

As for me Rebuild are far more superior to the old anime one. Seems you guys are not Evangelion fan as the rebuild and anime version are quite similar in term of design. I spoke with Prime1 telling the creator dont want Prime1 to base on original version instead Rebuild saying is much more details and overall better. If you guys prove him wrong please eleborate more about it.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:34 PM   #35
Rob N. Banks
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I wonder which will come out first. Eva Unit 01 by Prime 1 or Evangelion 4.0?

Seriously though, I prefer the slimmer torso of the Rebuild Evas.
Rob N. Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:53 PM   #36
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
As for me Rebuild are far more superior to the old anime one. Seems you guys are not Evangelion fan as the rebuild and anime version are quite similar in term of design. I spoke with Prime1 telling the creator dont want Prime1 to base on original version instead Rebuild saying is much more details and overall better. If you guys prove him wrong please eleborate more about it.
You say superior; I say inferior. Opinions.

Questioning our fandom is uncalled for though. I'm well aware of the design differences, and there is a specific look I prefer.

And most of the differences are in the paint job. Any added detail, as you say, would have been apparent in any update, no matter how true that update stayed to the original.

No, in my opinion, the color changes appear to have been made arbitrarily to show off more GID effect. Artists are notorious for constantly being unsatisfied, and this is a case where, I believe, they should have quit while they were ahead.

Not to mention the fact that a Rebuild Unit 01 also represents the inferior product (opinion). I prefer the anime.

Yes, the changes are relatively minor(chest plate and shoulder pylons, primarily), which is why Prime 1 could easily offer two paint jobs.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:07 PM   #37
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
You say superior; I say inferior. Opinions.

Questioning our fandom is uncalled for though. I'm well aware of the design differences, and there is a specific look I prefer.

And most of the differences are in the paint job. Any added detail, as you say, would have been apparent in any update, no matter how true that update stayed to the original.

No, in my opinion, the color changes appear to have been made arbitrarily to show off more GID effect. Artists are notorious for constantly being unsatisfied, and this is a case where, I believe, they should have quit while they were ahead.

Not to mention the fact that a Rebuild Unit 01 also represents the inferior product (opinion). I prefer the anime.

Yes, the changes are relatively minor(chest plate and shoulder pylons, primarily), which is why Prime 1 could easily offer two paint jobs.

Hey thats your opinion but still i prefer the rebuild design and story. All i know that Prime1 is working closely with the creator to make the best statue. What they told me that the creator never let high end collectibles statue in any form on the market for quite sometime. Prime1 was chosen by him as the new high collectibles for the series so i am pretty confident when the full reveal will be pretty epic.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:13 PM   #38
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob N. Banks View Post

Oh yes! Prime1 will work on Evangelion 4.0 also very excite about it.
Old 06-26-2016, 10:43 PM   #39
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob N. Banks View Post

best comment ever and so true
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 01:26 AM   #40
dao2
Cyclops

I prefer Big O :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote