Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 10-27-2009, 10:29 PM   #41
AgentU7
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
I just want the PHILLIES to lose.....
coming right up! [/QUOTE]

Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. GO PHILLIES!
AgentU7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:43 PM   #42
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I realize this is a YANKEE VS. PHILLIES thread but something that really has me pissed is how the NY media keeps bringing up the METS into this like they're somehow relevant to this WS.

Like this is so horrible for the METS & who will their fans be rooting for.

Complete garbage, who cares? Yea, they had a horrible year. Get over it! Wait & see what they do in the offseason. Why should METS fans even care about the YANKEES & what they've done?
They have nothing to do with the METS. Why root against them?

The Phils are their division rival not the Yanks.
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:23 AM   #43
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow75x View Post
I realize this is a YANKEE VS. PHILLIES thread but something that really has me pissed is how the NY media keeps bringing up the METS into this like they're somehow relevant to this WS.

Like this is so horrible for the METS & who will their fans be rooting for.

Complete garbage, who cares? Yea, they had a horrible year. Get over it! Wait & see what they do in the offseason. Why should METS fans even care about the YANKEES & what they've done?
They have nothing to do with the METS. Why root against them?

The Phils are their division rival not the Yanks.
Wait a minute you live in NY and you still do not know why they talk about the Mets???

First of all the Mets and Offseason?? Two words that do not go well together.(thanks to your fancy GM and dumb owners)

The reason behind it is really simple..The last 3 years Phils have ran the Mets out of Town, and the Mets are not as big as the Yankees here in NY. So as a Die Hard Met Fan they are asking who would you rather see win..The Big Bully (This Case the Phils) or your Older Step Brother who beats you eveyday (Yankees)..It has nothing to do with how the Mets Faired this year at all..Also has alot to do with most Fans (Yanks and Met) for some reason hate the other Team..
Same Question was asked back in 86 to the Yanks..
Media just needs something to talk about in the Off week.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:27 AM   #44
oddball
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Wait a minute you live in NY and you still do not know why they talk about the Mets???

First of all the Mets and Offseason?? Two words that do not go well together.(thanks to your fancy GM and dumb owners)

The reason behind it is really simple..The last 3 years Phils have ran the Mets out of Town, and the Mets are not as big as the Yankees here in NY. So as a Die Hard Met Fan they are asking who would you rather see win..The Big Bully (This Case the Phils) or your Older Step Brother who beats you eveyday (Yankees)..It has nothing to do with how the Mets Faired this year at all..Also has alot to do with most Fans (Yanks and Met) for some reason hate the other Team..
true. when you live in new york, you're either a met or yankee fan, not both. same with the jets - giants, one or the other. now that i live in florida, it's OK to root for both.
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:20 AM   #45
J Storm
Birdman

Tonight is the night
J Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:32 AM   #46
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post

I understand the angles revolving around the 3 teams but it is about the METS season. It was bad, that's why they keep talking about how this is the ultimate end to a horrible season. Why?

I'm a METS fan & realize this has the potential to be an amazing series but I honestly want to see the Phils get swept.

Why would I care if the Yankees won? Hell, they spent 500 million in the offseason. They set themselves up to win. When you sign 3 all stars in the post season you're expected to win.

Am I concerned about Yankee fans gloating? No. What am I 10?

It wasn't like this in '86.

Enough of that, hopefully today won't be rained out.
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:19 PM   #47
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow75x View Post
I understand the angles revolving around the 3 teams but it is about the METS season. It was bad, that's why they keep talking about how this is the ultimate end to a horrible season. Why?

I'm a METS fan & realize this has the potential to be an amazing series but I honestly want to see the Phils get swept.

Why would I care if the Yankees won? Hell, they spent 500 million in the offseason. They set themselves up to win. When you sign 3 all stars in the post season you're expected to win.

Am I concerned about Yankee fans gloating? No. What am I 10?

It wasn't like this in '86.

Enough of that, hopefully today won't be rained out.
You might have a point.
But the Yanks got ripped in 86 trust me, but was not in the Media like this because they actually Won 90 games that year. So maybe it is because of the Bad year..(even though IMO it was mostly due to injuries)

But as far as your comment above (bolded) that's why they are doing it..you seem to not like Philly at All, and that's all they are trying to get out of Met Fans... is who you hate more..
The way they do it, well that's another story...

As for Today's game...Total Washout!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 05:42 PM   #48
Frankierock
Omega Red

WHOA!!! might be a game tonight afterall...Rain has stopped for a while now!!!
LETS Go Yankees!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 05:45 PM   #49
VinReaper
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
Reposted from Mafia Thread:

BTW, This guy should throw out the first pitch in the World Series!

VR
VinReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:44 PM   #50
J Storm
Birdman

J Storm is offline   Reply With Quote