Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-20-2020, 07:55 AM   #151
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
Is this 1/4 scale? It looks a bit small? 58cm with the base being at least 10cm before the foot starts... Anyone?
Check out SS’s YouTube video. It looks 1/4. Most of the solo comic book character maquettes from SS are 1/4. The 2-character pieces like Wolverine VS Hulk seem to be the smaller scales.

Dr. Strange is listed as 23” tall. Not unusual for a 1/4 statue but at the same time statue height says nothing about scale. You can take a 1/5 character and give them a base that puts them at 23” just the same. Statue height doesn’t take into account the character’s pose. Dr. Strange is leaning. Thor and X-23 are leaping. Hulk is bent over. None of their statue heights tell you anything about their relative proportions.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 08:33 AM   #152
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyMidget View Post
Does the neck look weird to anyone else or is it just me? like the neck is a bit too long / shoulder is too low on the left side.
No, looks good.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 05:07 PM   #153
Peedi
The Secret Six

Anybody notice there’s just 1000 total of Doctor Strange?
Old 04-25-2020, 05:31 PM   #154
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Not totally surprised. Personally, I think if the cape was not fabric and if they had more switch outs, there would have been more interest.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:07 PM   #155
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Not totally surprised. Personally, I think if the cape was not fabric and if they had more switch outs, there would have been more interest.

I agree. I'm a big Dr. Strange fan but that fabric cape lost me. I'm done with settling for less at these prices. I'll just wait for someone else to produce something closer to my liking.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:28 PM   #156
Peedi
The Secret Six

If the ES is a result of lack of interest I think for more people it’s because
1. Price/needlessly being a maquette
2. Holiday/post holiday season launch when most people are tapped out on funds anyway
3. Pandemic causing people to reevaluate spending

Then again 1000 ES is probably not unexpected for this. First, there’s no Ex so there was no rush or incentive to order directly from SS. Second, he’s popular but he ain’t Cap, Hulk, Spider-Man, female or X-Men so he’d never get those numbers anyway, especially so with no Ex.
Old 04-25-2020, 06:37 PM   #157
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
If the ES is a result of lack of interest I think for more people it’s because
1. Price/needlessly being a maquette
2. Holiday/post holiday season launch when most people are tapped out on funds anyway
3. Pandemic causing people to reevaluate spending

Then again 1000 ES is probably not unexpected for this. First, there’s no Ex so there was no rush or incentive to order directly from SS. Second, he’s popular but he ain’t Cap, Hulk, Spider-Man, female or X-Men so he’d never get those numbers anyway, especially so with no Ex.
I think 1000 is pretty respectable for a character that before the movie dropped most people didn't really know unless they're old school comic readers. Sideshow also has a habit of putting out multiple pieces from different lines that people have been wanting. I think Strange, Robin and Flash were all within a month or two of each other.

They end up Cannibalizing each other at these prices.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 07:12 AM   #158
ambasah
Red Skull

Bowen made 2000 of them 15 years ago. There is certainly enough demand for the character today. But the fabric cape was a deal breaker for a lot of people, me included.

Hopefully this and magneto are a wake up call for SS. At the very least engineer 2 options if they insist on fabric capes.

there is no doubt in my mind that they would have sold a lot more if they stuck with sculpted.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 07:59 AM   #159
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
Bowen made 2000 of them 15 years ago. There is certainly enough demand for the character today. But the fabric cape was a deal breaker for a lot of people, me included.

Hopefully this and magneto are a wake up call for SS. At the very least engineer 2 options if they insist on fabric capes.

there is no doubt in my mind that they would have sold a lot more if they stuck with sculpted.
I owned the Bowen Dr Strange statue a few years ago. I have sold it but it is a fantastic statue and love what Bowen did with Dr Strange's cape. It usually goes for alot on Ebay.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 08:45 AM   #160
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Higher than I thought due to it being way overpriced.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote