Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 02-06-2019, 03:35 AM   #71
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I have 20 OG Sideshow pieces that I'm letting go of, and I tried a job lot on eBay for all of them. I got a message basically offering the cost of one PF for all 20, and apparently was a genuinely serious offer. I put a few up seperately now when the £1 max fee offer comes up, but beyond that, not much faith in eBay!
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:57 AM   #72
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I think there's something flawed with the way the Adamantium system here works. Sellers have to pay a fee to sell, but buyers don't have to pay a fee to look at those threads. There's also nothing preventing people from asking, "Anyone have a _____ for sale or trade?" and receiving PMs in response.
I paid a fee initially to try to move my Bishoujo statues and up until now haven't sold a single one through the site. I have been able to get rid of a Prime 1 Optimus which brought on a whole lot of guilt after I saw how big it was once delivered LOL. But yeah, in retrospect, not sure paying the fee was worth it.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:25 AM   #73
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
I paid a fee initially to try to move my Bishoujo statues and up until now haven't sold a single one through the site. I have been able to get rid of a Prime 1 Optimus which brought on a whole lot of guilt after I saw how big it was once delivered LOL. But yeah, in retrospect, not sure paying the fee was worth it.
I'm not sure if you want feedback, but my two cents. You have great pieces that are in demand and you are asking at close to prices I see on eBay for them from sellers that list them for 30 days with "Buy it Now" option. You're not being unreasonable, but if getting a fair market price for something is valued over moving product it may take a while anywhere.

Best of luck to you.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:42 AM   #74
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'm not sure if you want feedback, but my two cents. You have great pieces that are in demand and you are asking at close to prices I see on eBay for them from sellers that list them for 30 days with "Buy it Now" option. You're not being unreasonable, but if getting a fair market price for something is valued over moving product it may take a while anywhere.

Best of luck to you.
I appreciate the very constructive feedback.

Sad part is I bought these not so long ago at above MSRP. Just trying not to lose any money is all. Would still rather sell and not have evil Bay profit from me.

Do people expect items sold outside of eBay to be 10% less? I guess I could drop them by 5%. But for an item that only costs $100-$200, that really only translates into $5-10 less, which may not be enough to entice buyers anyways.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:48 AM   #75
Gothamite
Phoenix

They're just grasping at any "reason" to get a lower price, never mind the fact that paying $100 on eBay or elsewhere is the same $100 for the buyer. The only time I'm willing to consider a steep discount is if the buyer lives anywhere near me.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 11:52 AM   #76
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
They're just grasping at any "reason" to get a lower price, never mind the fact that paying $100 on eBay or elsewhere is the same $100 for the buyer. The only time I'm willing to consider a steep discount is if the buyer lives anywhere near me.
I have to say the last statue I saw you sell was at a great price. So if buyers want to haggle you to lower your price even more, uhm... LOL

Anyhoo, I adjusted my prices down more a bit to break even prices. Hopefully I can move my product now.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:59 AM   #77
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Do people expect items sold outside of eBay to be 10% less? I guess I could drop them by 5%. But for an item that only costs $100-$200, that really only translates into $5-10 less, which may not be enough to entice buyers anyways.
What I do is look at the SOLD listings on eBay. That gives you a pretty good idea of current market value, and I price accordingly. Sometimes that means taking a loss, sometimes I make a profit. The hope is that it evens out in the end.

I should add that I don't sell on eBay. I sell either on the boards or on my website.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:01 PM   #78
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
I appreciate the very constructive feedback.

Sad part is I bought these not so long ago at above MSRP. Just trying not to lose any money is all. Would still rather sell and not have evil Bay profit from me.

There is nothing wrong with that goal, but that does mean likely take months to move them all based on what I've seen with eBay listings. Many buyers likely have in the back of their minds what percentage they could recoup should they sell down the road.

In general, yes, people like the idea of getting a deal. It is why so many stores artificially inflate prices and then put them on sale to give perception got it for less than asking.

My advice is fine to stand firm now and maybe you'll get some buyers, but in three months if you have pieces getting no interest may reevaluate how much you want to offload them and how much it stings to lose money on them.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:12 PM   #79
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Anyhoo, I adjusted my prices down more a bit to break even prices. Hopefully I can move my product now.
Well, I agree with Augen that your prices are fair. I think bishoujos move slowly on the secondary market due to a variety of factors, such as inconsistent scaling (even within the same lines/universes) and the knowledge that large retailers sometimes "find" a stash of them after they've gone OOP.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 12:33 PM   #80
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
There is nothing wrong with that goal, but that does mean likely take months to move them all based on what I've seen with eBay listings. Many buyers likely have in the back of their minds what percentage they could recoup should they sell down the road.

In general, yes, people like the idea of getting a deal. It is why so many stores artificially inflate prices and then put them on sale to give perception got it for less than asking.

My advice is fine to stand firm now and maybe you'll get some buyers, but in three months if you have pieces getting no interest may reevaluate how much you want to offload them and how much it stings to lose money on them.
Quote:
Well, I agree with Augen that your prices are fair. I think bishoujos move slowly on the secondary market due to a variety of factors, such as inconsistent scaling (even within the same lines/universes) and the knowledge that large retailers sometimes "find" a stash of them after they've gone OOP.
It has been months since I posted with no one biting so I figured a drop in prices on some of the pieces was about time. On eBay I get bites but I really just hate eBay.

I do wanna offload my ARTFX Gal Gadot after I saw that the DC Collectibles BVS one comes really close to her semblance. I wish I found out sooner 'coz the latter is cheaper and bought the former for much more than MSRP. There's something about actual stonework vs PVC that is so appealing.

So if anyone is looking for a like new one for still cheaper than what you can get on eBay, do refer them my way. LOL