Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 03-18-2021, 06:52 PM   #491
DarkLantern
Justice League

Well I am sad they got rid of the screaming head. This piece is straight fire. Love the improvements they made too it.
DarkLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 09:43 PM   #492
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
After looking at the new BA more I think he would look a tad out of place next to Super Powers Captain Marvel and look better next to Superman 2.0. His costume and facial detail is far more elevated in comparison to Super Powers Captain Marvel. Plus the lighting effect appears to be different than Cap's now.

Just my observation.
I get what you're saying. There's significantly more detail in the face and hands, but I don't think the costume details have jumped to a level where it would look funny next to Cap.

I'd be happy having them displayed together.

Click image for larger version

Name:	marvel_and_adam.png
Views:	127
Size:	844.7 KB
ID:	137808
WhistlingTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 11:59 PM   #493
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

This is miles better than the previous sculpt! Tweeterhead 2.0 is really killin' it. The 2.0 statues seem to be more detailed which is a big plus. Though I wish they all wouldn't be so tall (at 20" plus), as a 1/6 collector it's gonna be hard to display them in regular shelves. It's a minor complaint I know.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 08:10 AM   #494
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alshadow View Post
This is miles better than the previous sculpt! Tweeterhead 2.0 is really killin' it. The 2.0 statues seem to be more detailed which is a big plus. Though I wish they all wouldn't be so tall (at 20" plus), as a 1/6 collector it's gonna be hard to display them in regular shelves. It's a minor complaint I know.
I agree that this is a fantastic piece but I also wish that the 2.0 statues were not so tall. Now I know we have not see alot of them so hopefully some will all not be that height.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 08:50 AM   #495
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I can see why they're doing it but it's no longer what the Super Powers line was about which is a shame, i think everyone liked that Bronze Age/Classic comic book look and now these while impressive sculpts look like something XM would put out...

A real shame imo because after GL I felt like the line was really picking up pace and getting somewhere.

Sculpt to sculpt i do like the new base more, the cloud and rock texture looks good (worst part of Shazam was the awful/basic paint base), i don't get the gold lightning effects at all...the old effects looked better for me.

Overall sculpt is nice but again isn't what the SP line was about and will jar against Shazam for sure imo.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 09:17 AM   #496
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlingTime View Post
I get what you're saying. There's significantly more detail in the face and hands, but I don't think the costume details have jumped to a level where it would look funny next to Cap.

I'd be happy having them displayed together.

Attachment 137808
I kind of wish they were closer in height. I’m still going to buy it but you can really tell that one is the “2.0” version
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 09:26 AM   #497
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I can see why some would think is this a look XM would put out, but I disagree. TH is still keeping the simpler comic looks. Not adding zippers, textures, pockets things like that. Also, TH is really respecting the character history and not just winging it like XM has been known many times to do, which makes a big difference in the outcome of the pieces. I do miss the simpler bases, because I only have so much space these days.

To me, it just looks like TH is making pieces from modern comics with more detailed facial art than the older comics with the less realistic artists. I think it's a great looking line, but I can see why some may be sad with the change.

Also, XM still can't do female portraits worth a damn on 90% of their pieces. Never had an issue with that with TH.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 10:15 AM   #498
BurningRage
The Maxx

Sales were not good enough and collectors now are used to more detailed pieces from other companies. I’m just hoping no chinstrap on Flash and the costumes remain classic. I do wonder if lesser known characters will sell now that the price point for the 2.0 line is $350 when it was hard at $260.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 11:32 AM   #499
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I can see why they're doing it but it's no longer what the Super Powers line was about which is a shame, i think everyone liked that Bronze Age/Classic comic book look and now these while impressive sculpts look like something XM would put out...

A real shame imo because after GL I felt like the line was really picking up pace and getting somewhere.

Sculpt to sculpt i do like the new base more, the cloud and rock texture looks good (worst part of Shazam was the awful/basic paint base), i don't get the gold lightning effects at all...the old effects looked better for me.

Overall sculpt is nice but again isn't what the SP line was about and will jar against Shazam for sure imo.
Which is why the SP moniker is not being used. It's great that a small contingent love the classic costume and simpler paint up, but that small contingent is even smaller when you look at whom buys these. Company couldn't survive on dwindling sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
I kind of wish they were closer in height. I’m still going to buy it but you can really tell that one is the “2.0” version
Some will be tall and some will be short, most of the bases won't be wide though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I can see why some would think is this a look XM would put out, but I disagree. TH is still keeping the simpler comic looks. Not adding zippers, textures, pockets things like that. Also, TH is really respecting the character history and not just winging it like XM has been known many times to do, which makes a big difference in the outcome of the pieces. I do miss the simpler bases, because I only have so much space these days.

To me, it just looks like TH is making pieces from modern comics with more detailed facial art than the older comics with the less realistic artists. I think it's a great looking line, but I can see why some may be sad with the change.

Also, XM still can't do female portraits worth a damn on 90% of their pieces. Never had an issue with that with TH.
I think TH still toes the line of classic and modern to keep and also attract new collectors. The initial solicitation of Black A was low, I don't think that will be the case with the tweaked version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Sales were not good enough and collectors now are used to more detailed pieces from other companies. I’m just hoping no chinstrap on Flash and the costumes remain classic. I do wonder if lesser known characters will sell now that the price point for the 2.0 line is $350 when it was hard at $260.
I get that there are older collectors that would love to continue and complete the look, but it was adapt or not continue doing business
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 11:48 AM   #500
Mister H
Youngblood

Love the new approach TH has. I was not expecting Black Adam to look as good as he does. That was a very nice surprise. He looks way better than the XM version IMO and it will be way cheaper. I'll be expecting that same level when they do Deathstroke. I'll buy direct from TH as well in the future like I did with Muddy DK and Supes 2.0, hopefully doing that create a better chance of Gotham by Gaslight Bats to come back around.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote