Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: How long before Lady Death EX PF sells out?
Less than 1 week 40 28.37%
1 to 2 weeks 26 18.44%
2 to 4 weeks 23 16.31%
1 to 3 months 24 17.02%
Longer than 3 months 28 19.86%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #1021
Nyxs
The Avengers

They allow you to transfer your NRD to a different order as a one time courtesy.
Nyxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #1022
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

One of the problems with so much product backing up, is that we all have to estimate an extra 3-6 months wait on anything that comes out new. They really should reset the current products with realistic ship dates. We all know that this stuff is going to be delayed. Unfortunately, that won't happen, because then things won't go up for preorder for a while longer, and that means no immediate cash in hand with the NRDs. I get why they do it, it just makes it hard as collectors to allocate properly throughout the year.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:52 AM   #1023
Ex-Parrot
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Better that than try to rush everything through as fast as possible, to likely shoddy results in some cases.
Ex-Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #1024
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Parrot View Post
Better that than try to rush everything through as fast as possible, to likely shoddy results in some cases.
I think you missed the point. SS can take as long as they want, I have no problem with that. The problem is that they seem to be listing stuff knowing it will be coming out an additional three to six months after when they announce the date, to get the fast cash of the NRD. If the factories are backed up on just about everything right now, with three month delays, they have to know that the new products they are listing to be due in three to six months, are NOT going to make that target. If it's going to be nine months from announcement to release, no problem with me! JUST SAY SO. BUT, I also understand why they don't say it. The longer people have until release, the less urgency they feel to reserve it now. IMO, there's some intentional misleading to get the NRD now.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #1025
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by testsubject25 View Post
I think you missed the point. SS can take as long as they want, I have no problem with that. The problem is that they seem to be listing stuff knowing it will be coming out an additional three to six months after when they announce the date, to get the fast cash of the NRD. If the factories are backed up on just about everything right now, with three month delays, they have to know that the new products they are listing to be due in three to six months, are NOT going to make that target. If it's going to be nine months from announcement to release, no problem with me! JUST SAY SO. BUT, I also understand why they don't say it. The longer people have until release, the less urgency they feel to reserve it now. IMO, there's some intentional misleading to get the NRD now.
Totally agree
Old 11-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #1026
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Theres even more to this then the NRD though. If they advertise something as being three to four months till release and you pay the whole amount upfront, then what? I've also seen their strategy as far as flex pay is concerned, they take the NRD, charge each month as though the statue is going to be on time, and then when it comes to the final payment, they "reschedule"....of $349 they have at leat 75 - 80% sitting with them in their accounts, and they can just keep rescheduling the last 20 - 25% until they are genuinely ready to ship! And if you cancel, they still have the cheek to apply charges as if it's your fault for not wanting to be constantly told your product is going to be late.

Think of it like this, the money you have sitting with SS could be used elsewhere, and you could probably still afford to get the SS piece when it eventually shows up! This is why I'm nolonger going to play the SS game. I'd rather buy from stores that can reserve a piece for me and take payment when it really is available. I've cancelled all of my PO with SS, and that's before you start thinking about QC......
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #1027
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Theres even more to this then the NRD though. If they advertise something as being three to four months till release and you pay the whole amount upfront, then what? I've also seen their strategy as far as flex pay is concerned, they take the NRD, charge each month as though the statue is going to be on time, and then when it comes to the final payment, they "reschedule"....of $349 they have at leat 75 - 80% sitting with them in their accounts, and they can just keep rescheduling the last 20 - 25% until they are genuinely ready to ship! And if you cancel, they still have the cheek to apply charges as if it's your fault for not wanting to be constantly told your product is going to be late.

Think of it like this, the money you have sitting with SS could be used elsewhere, and you could probably still afford to get the SS piece when it eventually shows up! This is why I'm nolonger going to play the SS game. I'd rather buy from stores that can reserve a piece for me and take payment when it really is available. I've cancelled all of my PO with SS, and that's before you start thinking about QC......

You don't pay SS all up front though. I hear ya though. Although if you flex, and they draw it out, then they have the majority of the money for a long time until ships and just bill the final flex upon shipping. That point, I see, and yeah, hadn't thought of that.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #1028
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
True the whole NRD is nonsense. I only pre-order must own exclusives. Those are very few right now. The only exception will be Quorra since Sideshow is scaring me with their TRON Legacy line up.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #1029
dao2
Cyclops

What TRON Legacy line up :|
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #1030
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
What TRON Legacy line up :|
You're messing with my Zen thing man...
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote