Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 05:20 PM   #21
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddball View Post
maybe not a bad deal thread but a trustworthy painter thread. i see one has been started.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #22
Bob Aboey
I am da law!

Where is that thread?
Old 10-06-2008, 07:43 PM   #23
goodydog12
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Im not trying to stir it up here, but shouldn't these people be outted and thrown off the forum? If we dont get these names out in the open, more people could get burned in the long run.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:51 AM   #24
jory REX
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

im not sure if i can post his name publicly but i'll be more than happy to pm anyone his name
Old 10-07-2008, 12:22 PM   #25
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodydog12 View Post
Im not trying to stir it up here, but shouldn't these people be outted and thrown off the forum? If we dont get these names out in the open, more people could get burned in the long run.
Give Boony a chance to work his magic before you bring out the pitchforks and torches.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:02 PM   #26
pdashnut12
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I think this would be considered a civil matter, therefore the police wouldnt be able to do anything.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #27
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
There is alot of research to be done and we would have to hear both sides. Especially if it turns out into a he said/he said discussion, then who do the mods believe. It's just too much effort from a mod perspective to deal with. That's why any transaction is between buyer and seller and problems are to stay off the forum.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:38 PM   #28
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
There is alot of research to be done and we would have to hear both sides. Especially if it turns out into a he said/he said discussion, then who do the mods believe. It's just too much effort from a mod perspective to deal with. That's why any transaction is between buyer and seller and problems are to stay off the forum.

I agree.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:00 PM   #29
goodydog12
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalJordanFan View Post
I agree.
I don't. I understand that both sides should be heard and there may be a lot of work involved, but so what? Recasters are thrown off the forum aren't they? They are thrown off because they are stealing sculpters work. If sculpters or painters are guilty of stealing from forum members, shouldn't they be subject to the same punishment? I don't see the difference. Stealing is stealing. Not only that, but by keeping them on the forum, isn't it easier for them to find and steal from other members looking to have work done? Like I said, I'm not looking to stir it up, but we are starting to see more and more of this on the forum as of late, and if this isn't policed somehow, more members are going to get burned.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:42 PM   #30
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Quote:
I don't. I understand that both sides should be heard and there may be a lot of work involved, but so what? Recasters are thrown off the forum aren't they? They are thrown off because they are stealing sculpters work. If sculpters or painters are guilty of stealing from forum members, shouldn't they be subject to the same punishment? I don't see the difference. Stealing is stealing. Not only that, but by keeping them on the forum, isn't it easier for them to find and steal from other members looking to have work done? Like I said, I'm not looking to stir it up, but we are starting to see more and more of this on the forum as of late, and if this isn't policed somehow, more members are going to get burned.

I understand how you feel, but with no respect to the originator of the thread. How do you know he's not lying? I like you hate to see people ripped off and am one of the first members to back other forum members that were screwed. Just look at some older topics in the Sculptors Corner, but until both sides are heard its just not fair.
Closed Thread