Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-11-2019, 09:48 PM   #241
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Yeah it's a demanding hobby if you make 7 figures, run out of room and get fussed at by the wife lol.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:47 PM   #242
Mephisto44
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I said this ages ago but didn’t listen to my own rules and got caught up . Quarter scale and larger is a money pit. I buy things I love but honestly I get way more enjoyment from my Bowen lines . I get more for my money and selling them has been super easy right from the get go. I’ve now got roughly 20 quarter scales and honestly I’m waiting on couple more spider baddies I have to get out . I’ve lost thousands in shipping and in import never to be retrieved but the prices keep climbing I know this is money wasted .

Side note comics are way overpriced as well . Not so easy to sell and plenty of supply out there . I sold all my Spidey comics for good money and parked it into my condo. I feel better about that . I enjoy the statues I can there and some artwork but this whole thing is getting out of hand
At this point it’s all about CGC graded Keys. Otherwise yes run of the mill books from the late 60’s to present aren’t as easy to move. My biggest “mistake” was dumping my Golden Age Batman books in college to buy page 1 to Silver Surfer 17. I sold that a short time later to put a down payment on a car during college. The handful of Golden Age Batman books I had were all CGC graded and are easily now well over six figures. I could never get back into that market because even lower grade copies of books I had are bananas. I had most of the earliest Joker covers in Detective along with his origin issue from the early 50’s and Two-Faces first appearance. My favorite was the black cover Tec 69 in CGC 8.5 and I had a 71 in the same grade. I about fell out of my chair at work when I saw a 71 (the less desirable of the 2) sell for just under 25K in CGC 8.0 a few years back. My other big mistake was passing on Magic the Gathering Original Art and not persuing a few artists hard enough.
Mephisto44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 12:42 AM   #243
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto44 View Post
I about fell out of my chair at work when I saw a 71 (the less desirable of the 2) sell for just under 25K in CGC 8.0 a few years back.
I bought that book for 3K, owned it for a few years, then sold it for 22K. I miss the book, but how do you turn down that kind of money?
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 01:25 AM   #244
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Golden age books are fantastic . I still have my Submariner books and few other later keys I kept . I sold ASM 1-800 for roughly 80k Canadian and then parked that money into my condo ( AF15 was part of that deal as well low grade ) . I had great books but not rare and with money you can buy them again but I felt it too risky to keep in boxes . I’ll never sell all my books but sacrifices were made .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 04:29 AM   #245
iceprince_x
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
Lady Death going up for po on spec soon

https://www.specfictionshop.com/coll...4-scale-statue
Confused with this... can we or we cannot order Lady Death? Because if we read through the link, its only for Thanos, we need to order her with Thanos.
iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 07:22 AM   #246
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
Confused with this... can we or we cannot order Lady Death? Because if we read through the link, its only for Thanos, we need to order her with Thanos.
To make it CLEAR:

You can order:

Option 1: Thanos and Lady Death: two statues with ALL the switchouts (portraits AND arms) for both statues.

Option 2: Thanos by himself. Only 1 portrait and 1 set of hands.

Option 3: Lady Death by herself. Only one display option: human face and arms.

Is it clearer?

I hope so!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 08:40 AM   #247
CWalker
The Avengers

It's a typo. I'll tell Todd to correct it.

You can order Death by herself, minus switch outs, as said.
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:06 AM   #248
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I said this ages ago but didn’t listen to my own rules and got caught up . Quarter scale and larger is a money pit. I buy things I love but honestly I get way more enjoyment from my Bowen lines . I get more for my money and selling them has been super easy right from the get go.
Are there any statues that still seem to hold value like Bowen? SS usually seem to drop in value. I can't speak to Iron Studios. Every time I see someone trying to offload a Prime 1 or XM piece in the US they seem to be trying to recoup the retail price + $300ish for shipping and I see them sitting around for a while.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:16 AM   #249
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
To make it CLEAR:

You can order:

Option 1: Thanos and Lady Death: two statues with ALL the switchouts (portraits AND arms) for both statues.

Option 2: Thanos by himself. Only 1 portrait and 1 set of hands.

Option 3: Lady Death by herself. Only one display option: human face and arms.

Is it clearer?

I hope so!
The title of the thread 'XM Studios Thanos and Lady Death'
..is confusing, as it implies the two pieces ship as a pair. Thanks for clearing that up.
Personally i like the Lady Death piece more than the Thanos piece. Too bad Lady Death by herself cannot with purchased with all switch-outs.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:59 AM   #250
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
It’s a typo and it’s fixed.