Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 09-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #31
Kane009
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Wow, that's really shady. Do you guys think the head is supposed to be a separate piece?
Yes, the head is a separate piece. Otherwise it would be impossible to mount her necklace. The helmet is two pieces too. The part with the tuft of the feathers is plugged in the helmet. And the right hand is fixed on the helmet.

Parts:
- Body without head and right hand
- necklace
- head
- helmet with right hand
- tuft of feathers
- cat
- sword
- base
- part of a column (to plug in the base)

PS: Why do you want to sell the Cleo? I can't understand that. She is one of my most beautiful statues.
Kane009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #32
Kane009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Here is what I have to work with:

You will notice she is WAY too tall for her compartment.
Second, I have no idea where the helmet and cat go, since they really don't fit into any of the compartments on the top left. The bottom left and far right compartments are for the two base pieces, I can see that. My base pieces came glued together. Still not sure how I am going to get them apart. this is very discouraging and enraging.
Please show the other side of the foam too.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:24 AM   #33
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane009 View Post
Yes, the head is a separate piece. Otherwise it would be impossible to mount her necklace.

PS: Why do you want to sell the Cleo? I can't understand that. She is one of my most beautiful statues.
The head was not separate on the A/P at least, the hand and helmet are one piece, the remaining Cleo is one piece, the snake on the head piece is separate, and then the base is 3 pieces as follows: Main base, Column, and Cat

Edit: But looking down closely near the necklace I can see where the head was a seperate piece. Arahom must have glued the head on for us prior to shipment.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #34
Kane009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
The head was not separate on the A/P at least, the hand and helmet are one piece, the remaining Cleo is one piece, the snake on the head piece is separate, and then the base is 3 pieces as follows: Main base, Column, and Cat

Edit: But looking down closely near the necklace I can see where the head was a seperate piece. Arahom must have glued the head on for us prior to shipment.
I think, the best solution is, to change the hard foam box as far as necessary with a knife and use soft foam to fix the parts in the (partially) new cut-outs. Don't use force with the statue! Don't violate the God Queen!
Old 09-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #35
Fremen
Birds of Prey

When did you guys get your boxes? I still don't have one.

The whole reason I want a box is if I need to sell it one day so I have the styrofoam to pack her in.
This is really upsetting. The box is total useless.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #36
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Fremen, here is the info you need to get your AP box:

http://statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=120845

I don't own her, but I read the info so thought I would be helpful!
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #37
Fremen
Birds of Prey

Thanks Northern. I just don't know what the point is now that she doesn't even fit.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #38
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
Thanks Northern. I just don't know what the point is now that she doesn't even fit.
I think she would fit perfectly if the head could be removed, but I wouldn't want to chance it as it may ruing paint job at the seam.

I think instead I would shave the syrofoam all the way to the top and bottom, possibly on both sides, to accomodate the full height of Cleo and if necessary poke a hole in the interior box to allow the foot peg into the cardboard. I think Cleo and Peg is almost exactly the same height as the styrofoam.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:33 PM   #39
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I emailed Arahom and he got right back to me in a couple of minutes. He said that he made the AP's months before the factory started making them and he didn't know the factory would engineer the shipping to have the head sent separate, but there is only one box.

Here is the factory shipping layout

I think the A/P is different in that the head is glued on, the sword is already glued to the base, the helmet is all one piece, and the necklace is not separate at all. I stand by my earlier solution that I would cut the styrofoam as necessary to make it work and then surround with wrap and filler for further safe packing.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #40
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

So basically, those who bought APs are still screwed out of proper packaging. That sucks.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote