Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-24-2019, 02:55 PM   #3201
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post

One person...if I don’t get feedback I wait about a week and ask the buyer if they received their piece successfully, that way I can confirm everything is ok and hopefully inspire them to leave me feedback, or if there’s an issue I can solve it...this person didn’t respond and then waited until the period for filing a dispute was almost over to put in a claim that their statue arrived broken...maybe it did, I’ve gotten broken pieces from sideshow so it can happen during shipping, but it seemed more to me like they broke it and skipped communicating with me altogether and went straight to an eBay dispute to avoid speaking to me.
There's no protection on ebay for sellers. A buyer could have a broken statue in his collection, go on ebay and buy the exact same statue, and then switch the broken pieces/statue and claim your statue arrived broken. The buyer now has a complete/mint statue and he sends you back his broken one. Now, the broken statue and loss of money is your problem. It's gotten to the point where doing a deal in person is the only way to protect yourself. However, that really limits the amount of buyers you can reach.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:29 AM   #3202
Abbottaker
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Ah, good to know. I just assembled mine and it seemed very solid.
From your pics, it seems to me his front foot is not in position. Just like mine. Sadly I am unable to do anything about it....
Abbottaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 10:36 AM   #3203
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by equi-nox76 View Post
I sold +- 400 statues (Street Fighter, DC, Marvel, LotR, Star Wars, Mortal Kombat, Warhammer, ...), props and replicas over the last 3 years since my basement was completely full of them and the boxes took my complete second basement + garage.

In the first year I started to sell, I was able to get double the price of retail. That was facilitated by the lower retail prices, since the pieces were bought from 2007-2015 and prices were about 200-400 USD (depending on how large the pieces are) for a PF. That is about 500 Euro shipped with taxes for each tops.

Then (in 2017) prices started to drop a lot. I assume because of the new players (at that time) in the market that started small (mainly Prime 1 & XM). They suddenly produced a lot more statues. At the same time, PCS statues were almost impossible to sell for retail because of their massive customer service problems. Look at their “value” now (just 2 examples):

I was lucky enough I could sell 90% of my stuff over retail before the collapse of the statue bubble (even the Street Fighters), when I would have started to sell one year later I would have lost a LOT of money.

The only collectibles that held their value were limited replicas and the “grail” statues like OG Hulk, OG Doom and some others that collectors are still after. Hence, for me new statues are no collectibles anymore, rather great decoration items. In case I have to sell something to make space, I am aware that I most likely will lose money.

This trend of decreasing prices on the aftermarket still goes on, this combined with the rising retail prices and even more players that enter the market made me completely reconsider my impulse buys and made me a lot more picky and patient.

Chris
People should now realize making good money on statues is a thing of the past. Even some OGs that were sure money makers are dropping in value. I saw on FB someone selling SS OG Cap EX for less than $1000 US. This is used to be double the price. The only ones I see selling for high prices now are SS OG Doom, SS OG Hulk/EX, XM Mags and XM Ghost Rider (but it was high cost to begin with).
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 02:23 PM   #3204
built2shred
Phoenix

Yep, it's a bloodbath in the secondary market for sellers... On some statues, I was able to make a small profit or break even but most of them I had to drop the price anywhere from 20%-50% below retail in order to sell them after they've been sitting on eBay for months...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 04:49 PM   #3205
Biggunz
Loki

Thats True.
Moma always told me. Move On!
That’s what she told me
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 04:50 PM   #3206
Biggunz
Loki

moma
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 11:35 PM   #3207
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
There's no protection on ebay for sellers. A buyer could have a broken statue in his collection, go on ebay and buy the exact same statue, and then switch the broken pieces/statue and claim your statue arrived broken. The buyer now has a complete/mint statue and he sends you back his broken one. Now, the broken statue and loss of money is your problem. It's gotten to the point where doing a deal in person is the only way to protect yourself. However, that really limits the amount of buyers you can reach.
Just seeing this whole month later, lol...

But yeah, it sucks when you’re trying to be an honest seller and the buyers are like that.

I was a vendor at a comic show a while ago selling comics. I brought 2 statues with me at the time and although they didn’t sell there were interested people, it just fell down to money. I’m doing it again in the next 2 months or so and I’ll probably have 2 more statues with me. Anybody interested in them can just get my number or email and we can meet later if they decide to buy, just as one would with craigslist. Saves me the hassle of shipping, the buyer gets to see the statue in person, and I get to verify they’re taking it with no issues.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 09:20 AM   #3208
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbottaker View Post
From your pics, it seems to me his front foot is not in position. Just like mine. Sadly I am unable to do anything about it....
I didn't realize that it was out of place until you mentioned it. I was able to correct it by inserting his left foot first, and then pushing the peg on his right foot into place. Sits perfectly now.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 07:51 PM   #3209
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I was able to snag a regular version for $380... I agree with the others as of now this is probably the best version of Wolverine out there so far.. I was thinking about getting XM Brown Wolverine but it didn't come out the way I was hoping it would...

Anyways no regrets on buying this version especially for the price... He should look great with the XM Cyclops I have on pre-order...

Where did you find the regular version for $380?
Thegreywizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 10:20 PM   #3210
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreywizard View Post
Where did you find the regular version for $380?
I got it from a local collector who never even opened the box so it was still brand new... He wanted like $450 but I offered him $380 cash and he called me back the next day and said deal... I guess he needed the money...

I saw another one go for $250 on eBay auction, it was used but still a hell of a deal...

I pretty much watch for eBay auctions for new SS Premium Formats, you can score some really awesome deals doing that... I save on average about $100-$150 on a statue long as you don't get too many bidders going against you...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote