Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 03:44 AM   #501
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
You'd prefer a new series to movies? Interesting. Yeah, I'm gonna do it in IMAX I think. I really think JJ Abrams is a future A list director.....
To be perfectly honest, Star Trek doesn't work to it's full potential on the big screen. Way too many facets to cover effectively IMO.

I watched them all at least 3 times over, save the original series, and I would love for another series ASAP!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:45 AM   #502
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPH4T34M View Post
The pickings are very slim and so are my chances for the next month I expect.

Nothing I can do but just keep searching! Need the cash for all these statues I want!
Tell me about it! Lou has a Juggy Fs up for sale right now!! Aaaargh, one of my grails!!! lol

Fingers crossed for you mate, hate to see a top bloke such as yourself in a slow patch
Old 05-11-2009, 03:45 AM   #503
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

I wanna see it in IMAX too!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:47 AM   #504
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
To be perfectly honest, Star Trek doesn't work to it's full potential on the big screen. Way too many facets to cover effectively IMO.

I watched them all at least 3 times over, save the original series, and I would love for another series ASAP!
Yeah makes sense. Would it be wrong to say that Voyager was the series I loved the most? I mean, TNG is brilliant, but something about Voyager always resonated with me.... The Scott Bakula one, Enterprise, I never got into....
Old 05-11-2009, 03:47 AM   #505
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Tell me about it! Lou has a Juggy Fs up for sale right now!! Aaaargh, one of my grails!!! lol

Fingers crossed for you mate, hate to see a top bloke such as yourself in a slow patch
Thanks mate!

A US forum buddy of mine has got in the FB Abomination for me, should should be with me in a couple of weeks, then metallic Cap is shipping this month too!

What's on your list for the month?
Old 05-11-2009, 03:47 AM   #506
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
I wanna see it in IMAX too!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:49 AM   #507
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Thanks mate!

A US forum buddy of mine has got in the FB Abomination for me, should should be with me in a couple of weeks, then metallic Cap is shipping this month too!

What's on your list for the month?
Just Met Cap which Scottie has me covered on

Can't tell you how excited I am for that one, possibly Top 5 anticpation for anything I've ever ordered!!!

I thought I'd get the Jean Grey Fs this month also but it isn't listed on the shipping list.....
Old 05-11-2009, 03:51 AM   #508
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Yeah makes sense. Would it be wrong to say that Voyager was the series I loved the most? I mean, TNG is brilliant, but something about Voyager always resonated with me.... The Scott Bakula one, Enterprise, I never got into....
I liked Voyager, then again I like all Trek!

Voyager had some excellent episodes but I think their should have been some seasonal story arc to follow rather than just the general needing to get home part. Best characters for me were the Doctor and 7 of 9.

Favourites for me is a tie between TNG and DS9. I liked Enterprise actually, did you watch all of it? He made a good "first" captain I thought.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:52 AM   #509
ALPH4T34M
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Just Met Cap which Scottie has me covered on

Can't tell you how excited I am for that one, possibly Top 5 anticpation for anything I've ever ordered!!!

I thought I'd get the Jean Grey Fs this month also but it isn't listed on the shipping list.....
Yeah, can't wait for it! My first Cap statue too!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:53 AM   #510
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
I liked Voyager, then again I like all Trek!

Voyager had some excellent episodes but I think their should have been some seasonal story arc to follow rather than just the general needing to get home part. Best characters for me were the Doctor and 7 of 9.

Favourites for me is a tie between TNG and DS9. I liked Enterprise actually, did you watch all of it? He made a good "first" captain I thought.
To be honest I didn't It aired late night here and after not connecting with it, I just didn't go to the effort.
Closed Thread