Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 11-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #881
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Any news on Lucky?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #882
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Whisper is now sold out at Amazon. Glad I got my order in at such a great price.

Hopefully they will offer Derby at a similar savings.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #883
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
How reliable is Amazon as a source for statues? I mean, are we likely to get disappointing emails at release time because Amazon didn't get their full alottment? Also, what about returns if the statue is broke, etc? We'd probably get a refund, but no replacement.
I've only heard of a few examples of Amazon not being able to get stuff. One was the Legend of Zelda Hyrule Historia Limited Edition book. But the numbers on that weren't clear. Dark Horse didn't say it was limited to a certain number up front. So Amazon probably took a ton of orders. I think all were cancelled.

Whisper should be different as they had to know how many they were getting to put her up. This isn't a book. Gentle Giant still has the TBD edition size. So they have to be taking orders while deciding like Sideshow does. I can't remember the Baby Doll situation. But if something does go wrong it's Gentle Giant's fault. As if Whisper is limited to say 200. It should have been on site long ago.

I've only ordered a few statues from Amazon before. No problems. The first was shocking because it was one of the Playmates TMNT and they didn't even send him in another box. But I got him cheap, like $25 new. Everything else has been double boxed although with a lot of paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Whisper is now sold out at Amazon. Glad I got my order in at such a great price.

Hopefully they will offer Derby at a similar savings.
I wonder how many orders they received.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #884
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I've only heard of a few examples of Amazon not being able to get stuff. One was the Legend of Zelda Hyrule Historia Limited Edition book. But the numbers on that weren't clear. Dark Horse didn't say it was limited to a certain number up front. So Amazon probably took a ton of orders. I think all were cancelled.

Whisper should be different as they had to know how many they were getting to put her up. This isn't a book. Gentle Giant still has the TBD edition size. So they have to be taking orders while deciding like Sideshow does. I can't remember the Baby Doll situation. But if something does go wrong it's Gentle Giant's fault. As if Whisper is limited to say 200. It should have been on site long ago.

I've only ordered a few statues from Amazon before. No problems. The first was shocking because it was one of the Playmates TMNT and they didn't even send him in another box. But I got him cheap, like $25 new. Everything else has been double boxed although with a lot of paper.

I wonder how many orders they received.

My guess is they didn't have a huge number of order slots available since it didn't take all that long to sell out. I think people who were interested in Whisper but couldn't justify paying the full retail price jumped on the Amazon orders once they were aware of them. Amazon's price was over $200 off retail so that's pretty hard to pass up if you want the piece.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:08 AM   #885
greydt
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
My guess is they didn't have a huge number of order slots available since it didn't take all that long to sell out. I think people who were interested in Whisper but couldn't justify paying the full retail price jumped on the Amazon orders once they were aware of them. Amazon's price was over $200 off retail so that's pretty hard to pass up if you want the piece.
Looks like Whisper popped back up on Amazon right now (just ordered)
greydt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #886
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by greydt View Post
Looks like Whisper popped back up on Amazon right now (just ordered)
Must have been some cancellations or maybe they were able to secure a few more preorders. Anyway, congrats on getting one ordered at that great price.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #887
VS1976

What's the ES...for Whisper?

I don't know if I would buy a statue from Amazon. How much care do they pack with statues? How would u get refund or exchanges from them?
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #888
MolokoPlus
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
What's the ES...for Whisper?

I don't know if I would buy a statue from Amazon. How much care do they pack with statues? How would u get refund or exchanges from them?

Amazon is good about refunds, but an exchange with this item may not be possible. Edition size has yet to be announced. I'm thinking it'll be in the 500 range.
MolokoPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:07 AM   #889
cpluse2
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

So is GG good on dates. Amazon says in Feb. Is this correct or they have not updated there release date.
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:29 AM   #890
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpluse2 View Post
So is GG good on dates. Amazon says in Feb. Is this correct or they have not updated there release date.
GG like any company is subject to delays from time to time. They release item status updates regularly and when they do I post them in a sticky thread in this section. Subscribe to this thread and you'll receive the updates.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=137849

Whisper is still slated for a Q2 release as of a few days ago.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote