Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-27-2019, 07:17 PM   #3621
Vic Viper
Fantastic Four

No one said all the Court pieces has to be all skeletons.

The fact that the realm were divided into 3 factions gave us enough variations and characteristics of each group.

The OG Kier, OG Gallevarbe, Oglavaeil and Xiall were all amazing pieces in their own right that looks nothing alike.

Odium sounded fitting on paper. A behemoth beast created by the queen from various creatures of the underworld. The Frankenstein of CotD.

I am simply not blown away from the result. It's a combination of design, pose and finishing. If this thing is supposed to be stitched together from different body parts of various creatures why isn't that more apparent? Shouldn't his arms and legs be all different, more disproportion and mutated? I am also not sure about the overall white color finish. Finally the pose, simply makes him feels like a re-skin Hulk or Juggernaut as mentioned.

Also a bit disappointed the fact that they simplify the base. Not as bad as what they did with the Reaper 2.0 but the prototype was definitely better.

To me the concept drawings were much more interesting. Would have love to see him with 3 or 4 arms instead. feels to me that Sideshow played it safe and toned him down a bit too much.

On the bright side, Sideshow updated the info on Odium and is stating that the statue comes in at a hefty 22 lbs. I'm sure the base alone is probably close to 10 lbs however.

Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:26 PM   #3622
Tarksis
Justice League

I pre-ordered The Odium maquette reveal in 2016/2017(?) was what brought me to COTD and to the hobby in general. I have been anxiously awaiting his release ever since! It is the only character in the line I ever cared to own. I am not thrilled about the production material but Tom mentioned early on in a video that he would be fiberglass or other lighter materials, so I do not feel particularly blind sided. I expected him to be more expensive as well, so I am very happy about that. We will see when I open that box.
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:26 PM   #3623
Thor57
Teen Titans

Hell, I’d love to have it in hand by Spooktacular honestly.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 08:19 PM   #3624
Maldis
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

It looks like what they showed a while back on YouTube when they introduced it a year ago. I loved it then and I still do now. He is going to be part of a story arc of a bone vs. flesh faction conflict. Due to how he was created he is going to be a wild card in that fight.

Thankfully I had a coupon from my last COTD purchase and used it on the PO for him.
Maldis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 09:44 PM   #3625
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Vic viper, I had not seen that concept art before, but honestly I like his portrait better now with the hair, I do like the weapons on the end of his arms better though, that big skull for the one hand would have been badass for sure
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 11:47 PM   #3626
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Odium looks great.

Only part I don't like about this piece is his back. Something is off with that part. It looks like...oatmeal
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:57 PM   #3627
Atlantisatdawn

Relic Ravlatch is at the top of the coming soon page! Odium and Ravlatch both in less than a month? I'm gonna need another Credit Card looks like
Old 07-03-2019, 12:54 AM   #3628
Vic Viper
Fantastic Four

Took them long enough.

Don't really know what to say about Relic Ravlatch at this point. I feel like this one should have been released long ago.

So does that mean Shieve or Shard Fury will be next??? I think those are the only 2 left with a prototype that was shown at the comic con a few years back.
Vic Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:39 AM   #3629
Atlantisatdawn

Very happy to see Odium and Ravlatch, but now after looking at the 2017 pictures I sure hope Shard Faith Bearer and Sheive are still released, that Shard will sell no doubt and Sheive would sell if released with a low number produced because there are some hardcore fans that like that one, I've saw many comments on youtube about both of them
Old 07-03-2019, 11:46 AM   #3630
Valderen
The Spirit

I doubt they'll announce anything about the new Shard while the old one is still in stock 2 years later.

Poxxil while awesome, was a bit too weird for my taste and I thought too expensive.

Odium while also awesome was too expensive also, but I always expected him to be sadly.

I'm hoping Ravlatch will be my next CotD though. nothing about him says high price. I'm hoping around the same as the new Gethsemoni, Gallevarbe and Kier.

I just want them to announce something new(premium format) in this line.
Valderen is offline   Reply With Quote